Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Coolest Color for 07?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 02:52 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Coolest Color for 07?

+1
I love my tungsten with my dark charcoal interior. I have not checked out any of the new colors yet, I think I will do that right now while i have a break between classes.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:43 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

hmmm, not sure why your blk stang was only clean for 2 days? My car is blk and like you, garage it at home. My car is clean more than dirty. And even when its "dirty" its really not. Its just dirty in my eyes but clean to the world.............. I only wash it once every 2 weeks, all other times I just wipe it down if needed with a semi damp wash cloth. (takes 3 minutes) The area you live/climate also will play a part. I had my car sealed at the dealer when I bought it, you know that stuff they try to sell you at the end when your raping up your paperwork? Well I got it and maybe thats why it stays clean longer?? Dirt seems to not stick or something. I wish I could remember the name of the sealant thing they did on my car, maybe one of you guys no what I'm talking about? The thing were you dont have to wax your car thing.....
Old 09-01-2006, 06:13 AM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: flewbyu

hmmm, not sure why your blk stang was only clean for 2 days? My car is blk and like you, garage it at home. My car is clean more than dirty. And even when its "dirty" its really not. Its just dirty in my eyes but clean to the world.............. I only wash it once every 2 weeks, all other times I just wipe it down if needed with a semi damp wash cloth. (takes 3 minutes) The area you live/climate also will play a part. I had my car sealed at the dealer when I bought it, you know that stuff they try to sell you at the end when your raping up your paperwork? Well I got it and maybe thats why it stays clean longer?? Dirt seems to not stick or something. I wish I could remember the name of the sealant thing they did on my car, maybe one of you guys no what I'm talking about? The thing were you dont have to wax your car thing.....

Are you thinking of something called Prestige? That's what Ford tried to sell me here in Washington. After haggling with them and telling them I didn't need it, they started the paperwork and then I agreed to it.....and as a result, I had it done and didn't pay a dime. Anyway, I haven't really noticed any benefits to it keeping the car cleaner longer, nor does it protect the paint (I have a few chips and didn't do a great job of touch-up).

Anyway, if I were deciding between silver and alloy for a new '07, I'd probably go alloy. But if it was my money, I'd buy that Grabber Orange in a heartbeat.....resale be damned! It wouldn't be for sale, it would be MINE to love for all time.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:50 AM
tncruiser
3rd Gear Member

im partial to redfire that beig said it seems everyone likes thier colour best
Old 09-01-2006, 09:30 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Go black or grey, my firend
Old 09-01-2006, 01:24 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

To bad about the paint chips, I got some too but (mine are called "speed chips" lol) The product does not prevent paint chips, it puts a barrier over the paint so that stains, dirt etc basically wash off with a water spray. (no scrubbing)

That name you mentioned does not ring a bell, if I get time I will look at my paper work. All I know is I love my blk ride, I grin every time I see that deep reflective glow on it. I feel like batman or something. I am glad I have a cool car again, It's been a few years since my last stang; And oh man, when I come out from a store and am walking in the parking lot and I see how shiny it is compared to the others cars I'm like woahh!

Not A SINGLE DAY (no kidding) goes by without someone asking me what year. Heard this one the other day, "is that a limited edition" ?? big ole smile on my face!

I was at the dealer yesterday picking up a new stud. I broke one of the rears a week or so ago changing a flat. I kid you not, when I came out of parts there were 2 sales guys and a service guy standing at my car. I was like "what happen"? they were like nothing, we just cant belive how bad *** your car looks. Where did you get all the work done, etc? Man I loveee this car!! Ok, sorry 4 going on a bit. I'm back now.

See ya felles..