Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

will terminator heads fit on S197s??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 01:26 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default will terminator heads fit on S197s??

i would like to get eaton termintor 03-04 supercharer and they will not fit on my engine so i am thinking this.. will those heads fit on my car? if they do, i would like to get terminator heads and blower for my car..

does anyone have any idea about this?

thanks
Old 10-05-2006, 01:52 AM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: will terminator heads fit on S197s??

You don't want an Eaton supercharger, not efficient.

Why don't you just buy one of the many fine kits that fit your car?

ORIGINAL: doodad

i would like to get eaton termintor 03-04 supercharer and they will not fit on my engine so i am thinking this.. will those heads fit on my car? if they do, i would like to get terminator heads and blower for my car..

does anyone have any idea about this?

thanks
Old 10-05-2006, 01:58 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

cuz i cant afford it man.. 5 grand plus installation will KILL me.. i dont have that much money... eaton is like 600 bucks.. if i pullied the eaton and some exhaust and intake works, dont u think i should be over 400rwhp?

EDIT: i also love eaton's sound!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:29 AM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

All your gonna get for $600 is a turbinator or electric supercharger!

Seriously, you need much more than just the supercharger. Whether you buy the parts seperately or in a kit you have to pay to play, and if I'm paying, I want more power, not more sound.

ORIGINAL: doodad

cuz i cant afford it man.. 5 grand plus installation will KILL me.. i dont have that much money... eaton is like 600 bucks.. if i pullied the eaton and some exhaust and intake works, dont u think i should be over 400rwhp?

EDIT: i also love eaton's sound!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 03:12 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

i have seen cobras with eaton s/c they do some another mods and go over 450rwhp.. if i have cobra heads and s/c with some other mods i would be fast too.. dont u think?

dude 6 grand is a lot of money otherwise hands down i would go with kenne bell but i dont have that money.. maybe i can afford cobra heads and s/c if the heads fits on my car..

also what is turbinator and electric supercharger?
Old 10-05-2006, 09:40 AM
GJP05
3rd Gear Member

You will have to change your rotating assembly to make the heads fit. By the time you pay for everything that you need to get the Eaton to work you will have spent just as much as you would on a S/C made for the S197. You can buy a non intercooled Vortech for under $4000, then when you get more money you can add the intercooler and turn up the boost.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:50 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Will the heads fit.... Yes

But here are a few more things you need to consider all of this was just off the top of my head I am sure once the swap was started you would find a lot more. As you will see by this list it will end up costing you just as much if not a lot more in the end. Start saving and one day you can just buy a KB or another twin screw.

You need more than just the Eaton, you will need the lower intake with intercooler, heat exchanger, intercooler resevoir, injectors, MAF, a custom inlet pipe, somehow make your stock TB mount up to the Eaton as the Cobras have a throttle cable and a custom belt drive setup.

You will also need custom headers and most likely a custom mid-pipe as the 4v heads are considerably wider than the 3v heads and the GT500 stuff isn't going to work because a DOHC 5.4 is taller and wider than a DOHC 4.6.

New pistons.... because yours won't work with 4 valve heads.

New front cover for the timing chains.

Custom fuel system because the fuel rails will be in the wrong location.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:24 AM
GhostPony
2nd Gear Member

this would cost more than a kit for the 4.6 3v because you need everything from crank pistons and cams, computer etc.
You can find a used terminator engine complete for less probably, but better to build the 3v for this car. That would still cost way more that putting a blower on the 3V
Old 10-05-2006, 11:44 AM
BlkonBlk
1st Gear Member

Since we are on the topic, how feasible would it be for ford to release a special edition mustang with the terminator engine? It's a proven reliable performer. They have the design work and the tooling, its not like they have to design a new engine from scratch. It would be a compromise between the GT and the GT500, maybe call it the Shelby GT350. I know the terminator 4V is physically bigger but I would imagine it would still fit.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:49 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

Will the heads fit.... Yes

But here are a few more things you need to consider all of this was just off the top of my head I am sure once the swap was started you would find a lot more. As you will see by this list it will end up costing you just as much if not a lot more in the end. Start saving and one day you can just buy a KB or another twin screw.

You need more than just the Eaton, you will need the lower intake with intercooler, heat exchanger, intercooler resevoir, injectors, MAF, a custom inlet pipe, somehow make your stock TB mount up to the Eaton as the Cobras have a throttle cable and a custom belt drive setup.

You will also need custom headers and most likely a custom mid-pipe as the 4v heads are considerably wider than the 3v heads and the GT500 stuff isn't going to work because a DOHC 5.4 is taller and wider than a DOHC 4.6.

New pistons.... because yours won't work with 4 valve heads.

New front cover for the timing chains.

Custom fuel system because the fuel rails will be in the wrong location.

dude, i didnt ask any question and you didnt answer anything ok?

i am outta here..

j/k

damn thats is a lot more than i thought. gotta start to save for kenne bell

Quick Reply: will terminator heads fit on S197s??