MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Likes - Dislikes after 5K miles (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/192054-likes-dislikes-after-5k-miles.html)

Silencer06 10-18-2006 12:25 AM

RE: Likes - Dislikes after 5K miles

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

Everything is fantastic except for the following:

Throttle Response (can be fixed)
Wheel-hop (can be fixed)
Monthly Payment (can be fixed in 5-6 years)
I get really depressed for a few days after I discover a scratch, dent etc... (never will be fixed -- unless I stop caring)

Besides that, I've never been more happy with a car in my life.

An IMPORTANT "like" that people don't mention is this FORUM...it's great...helps pass our time and brings us together...:D

In reference to the underlined above, I couldn't have said it better myself! Nothing is perfect and I can live with that, but this car comes close enough to make me to grin every day.

cheapsk8r 10-18-2006 12:48 AM

Grin, Heck Feeling that tourque in second and thrid, and fourth and fifth for that matter, I get so excited, I glue my underwear to my skin..... I LOVE this car.. It is a great mix of old look and some feel, with new technology. I drove it in the snow today, just to see how it would do.... Not too bad, the TCS system worked pretty good when I stabbed the gas too hard around a turn once.. The throttle cut out too.. That is a nice feature to keep you straight when you need to be straight... Those AA traction rated tires didnt help in the snow, but I think if you put some regular all season road tires on it, she would do pretty good in the snow. I have been worried since the day I bought it how it would do in the snow... I think I can survive if I get caught out in a storm.

royo 10-18-2006 12:03 PM

3200 miles on mine. Loving it. Fixed throttle lag with a tune. Wouldn't waste money on IUP if I had to do it again. Love premium 18in wheels. Otherwise no complaints.

jay00f4 10-18-2006 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: TNT1968

ORIGINAL: jay00f4

OK! 2007 GT premium with 800 miles. The mods in my sig. had to be done right away because they were so bad. Car drove me nuts stock, looked 4 wheel drive, Clutch travel is huge, throttle lag sucks and shifts were long.

Other Complaints

Cheap interior, no lights on visor mirrors, no lights in the back seat area

lots of road noise and noise from engine compartment

poor air circulation with windows down it seems like the doors are too tall and the windows too short that hot air builds under the dash and from the transmission hump and doesn't escape from the car at all. Just get a blow of hot air in your face every once in a while.
I drove a 2007 Alloy Premium man. and I can vouch for the long clutch travel and looong row from 1st to second. Clutch was very forgiving, shifter was very trying. Synchros are loud when downshifting. One man's noise is another man's music!

Still...the complaint about engine and road noise might be valid but you made it louder with the hi-flow filter, tune and exhaust! [sm=dontgetit.gif]

Anyway I bought an automatic to save bucks modding the shifter on the manual.

I drove it for 50 miles without exhaust and other mods. I am not sure about the difference in noise because of that. The noise I am talking about I think is unrelated. It comes from the firewall, transmission hump and dash area. It is motor and road noise not exhaust or increased air flow.

No, I didn't make a bad decision and yes I test drove. There are little things you don't notice until you drive it more. A 5 mile test drive doesn't tell you a whole lot. I like the car it was just a big change for me. I had a M3 as a previous car and there truly is no comparison between the 2. The M3 is twice the car and worth twice as much. I down graded vehicles intentionally to be more practical. These are just the little things you take for granted and don’t miss them till their gone. I am not bashing the car just pointing out dislikes like everyone else. I think the car is a great value.