MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Likes - Dislikes after 5K miles (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/192054-likes-dislikes-after-5k-miles.html)

CTE 10-12-2006 09:43 PM

Likes - Dislikes after 5K miles

Well it has been 5,000 miles now, and many more smiles. I thought I'd share some of the the things I like about my 06 GT, and a few things I could have done without.

:) Like the look, black is hard to keep clean, but is sweet.
:) Louvers on the side rear windows a plus, and have not really prevented visability.
:) 20% Tint really nice
:) One touch down / up power windows.
[:@] Stock shifter, but the Hurst took care of that
[:@]Throttle delay, but the CAI and Breenspeed tune took care of that.
:(Stock OEM rims, switched to retro bullit rims.
[:@]No interior trunk release
:)Deluxe interior package with lots of dash light colors
:( Stock ehaust, Ford Racing Borlas axle back took care of that. I get lots of + comments on the sound.
:) Comfortable seating in front
:( No real rear seating, I didn't expect it anyway, no loss there
[:@]Hood prop rod, took care of that with piston struts.
:(Stock antenna, but a shorty took care of that.
:) on the instrument cluster, easy to see and logical

++++++ [sm=happy046.gif] The way I feel when I'm driving it, just so much d*@& fun!

So what do the rest of you think about yours? [sm=feedback.gif]

CTE aka Scubadog

[IMG]local://upfiles/43280/C0BEE4E89B8E409293ADB8DE87C78DE3.jpg[/IMG]

saltzy 10-12-2006 09:57 PM

RE: Likes - Dislikes after 5K miles

Yeah, I hate mine. [sm=joke.gif]

I do have to say, I love the 18" polished aluminum wheels on my '06 GT vert. Hood prop rod is a little cheesy, but the antenna will be the last thing on my mod list. I would love to get a tint job, but the horror stories here have all but made my mind up to not even go near it.

Mus tang 10-12-2006 09:58 PM

Only have 1500 mi. on mine but I am lovin it!!! Can't wait to get some mods for this bad boy! Especially a tune and cai for the throttle lag.

classj 10-12-2006 10:01 PM

+1 on the polished 18" wheels. I love mine. I just ordered a set of the same wheel but in silver for the winter.

flewbyu 10-12-2006 11:04 PM

Love everything about mine! Not the first time I have read someone say black is hard to keep clean. I dont get that though, I never have?? My car is as easy to keep clean as any other color car I have owned. Maybe because I just "wiped" all of them daily?? Kept them all shiney and this one is no harder than the others...

EDIT>>>>>>>I just hit 12K on mine. Also, I thought about it again and I guess I could have done without the TSB fixes but I try to look at like this. It did not cost me anything, I got a loaner car and my car is better for having the corrections.

Glad you are happy with the Stang! FYI- I'm still getting use to the new name bro ;)

8URWS6 10-12-2006 11:10 PM

I got 6800 on minde now, and I have to say that the only thing that I don't like about it is the fact that it goes to the shop too many times.
Everything else is perfect... even the stupid hood prop rod.
Mods are a must as soon as the warranty is up.

TPony 10-12-2006 11:20 PM

No isues with my Stang or its color...

hammeron 10-12-2006 11:27 PM

two thumbs up, for mine

gidyup 10-12-2006 11:45 PM

2.5k and it's all good; even better with the engine mods.

I'm looking forward to a 300 mile drive through the beautiful pacific nw mountains next week (first real road trip) so I can check the highway mpg, have a little fun in the corners, show her off to some friends from my hometown...and depending on how much traffic I have to deal with, beat (no, make that SHATTER) my best time for the trip ;)

[IMG]local://upfiles/49163/105134E9AB344332AB3D205D8A5F47D3.jpg[/IMG]

bluegill 10-12-2006 11:59 PM

I've now have a little over 7000 miles. No major complaints, just trivial stuff...

1, No trunk release in the interior.

2, Ford could have done a better job with the floor covering from the trunk into the passenger compartment when the seats are folded down.

3, Tilt steering wheel could have used one more notch down.

4, Rear window defogger is very slow compared to other vehicles I've owned.

5, Filling the gas tank past half full is a pain in the a**.

6, Visors are a joke. They are there for looks more than anything.

7, Shaker 500, sounds decent enough, but a pain to load and unload CDs.

8, Cruise control buttons could have been further out on the spokes, the resume button is crowded under the horn/airbag.

9, Thinking about removing the window scoops, they were dealer installed and the lack of visibility sometimes can be a problem. If I was going to have anything, I would have preferred louvers...

All in all though I am very happy with the car.

Mike