Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 12:30 PM
PRGT
2nd Gear Member

Default LCA's

What is LCA's and what does they do?
Old 11-16-2006, 12:56 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: LCA's

Lower Control Arms. They connect the lower shock mount area of the rear axle to the chassis. In our cars, they will virtually eliminate the wheel hop from aggressive acceleration that the Mustangs are plagued with.

They are available from many manufacturers and are made of steel or aluminum. The steel are popular from BMR, CHE and others. The aluminum from Steeda seem to be popular as well. I had the BMR Steel and switched to Steeda Aluminum. The don't feel any different but they both eliminate the wheel hop and help put the power to the ground MUCH better.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:26 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

did a search and came up with nothing. (i know this is a sore subject but..) Will the lca's void any part of the warrenty?
Old 11-16-2006, 01:32 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

did a search and came up with nothing. (i know this is a sore subject but..) Will the lca's void any part of the warrenty?

Here we go, warranty question again....

If you read the little book that came with the car, it says that ANY mod that you make to your car voids your warranty.

On the other hand, the Magnuson-Moss law states that an auto maker CANNOT void your warranty for using Non-OEM parts, unless they PROVE that the non-standard part is what caused the problem.

In reality, it comes down to your dealer. Some dealers are OK with mods. Some dealers are not. And many are "in the middle". LCAs are probably a very "safe" mod to do, becasue even an unfriendly dealer is going to have a VERY hard time arguing that your aftermarket LCAs resulted in a problem--it just doesn't make any sense. Therefore I'd say you're probably OK warranty-wise. However, if you want to be sure, ask your dealer. If they give you a hard time about it, then just find a different dealer.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:41 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

pretty sure im going to go with the BMR lca
Old 11-16-2006, 02:33 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

Here we go, warranty question again....

If you read the little book that came with the car, it says that ANY mod that you make to your car voids your warranty.

On the other hand, the Magnuson-Moss law states that an auto maker CANNOT void your warranty for using Non-OEM parts, unless they PROVE that the non-standard part is what caused the problem.

In reality, it comes down to your dealer. Some dealers are OK with mods. Some dealers are not. And many are "in the middle". LCAs are probably a very "safe" mod to do, becasue even an unfriendly dealer is going to have a VERY hard time arguing that your aftermarket LCAs resulted in a problem--it just doesn't make any sense. Therefore I'd say you're probably OK warranty-wise. However, if you want to be sure, ask your dealer. If they give you a hard time about it, then just find a different dealer.
VERY well put CrazyAl. I gotta tell you, I like reading your posts more than anybody's since you leave the BS out and just give the facts.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:21 PM
bchataroo
2nd Gear Member

+1 on what 06HOSS said.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:04 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

here are some pics..

Mine is an adj. BMR...
Old 11-16-2006, 07:34 PM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

NICE! Saud, keep us informed though about if you get any noise from them since you have the rod end on the axle end of those.
I have some CHE adjustables still in the box, but I got delrin/poly on both ends since I wanted to make sure it stayed quiet. I've heard guys complain about the adj panhard rods with rod ends being noisy, but I'm not sure if you'll get noise with them on LCAs. Hopefully CrazyAL will weigh in here and let us know.
I never did hear if you were still waiting on that Hurst Billet shifter or not. If you are, give up man since Hurst told me that they don't know when they are going to produce that shifter. I got the steel arm Hurst on mine now and it works great. Grab a gear the short way brother!

[IMG]local://upfiles/48298/9D2A13F1C49848FCA264B7F9817CB6A7.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-16-2006, 07:42 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

ANy time you replace ANY suspension component, it NEEDS to be greased with SILICONE LUBRICANT. If you put it together dry, it WILL make noise. 1 more thing and probably the MOST important, when changing control arms, is you MUST set the car down on its own weight, otherwise the bushings will bind in the position theyre tightend in and literally shear the bushing from the metal its connected to, then your car will hae all sorts of weird wandering problems.
BTW, they do make aftermarlet FRONT lower control arms, I have Ford motorsport ones on mine, they made a huge difference in cornering capability. I think theyre worth more than any rear ones you get.
-P.

Quick Reply: LCA's