Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

**** YEA! just got approval for CAI/TUNE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 01:29 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default **** YEA! just got approval for CAI/TUNE!

hell yea............with me still $2 grand in the hole for my car, i've convinced the parents to let me buy a CAI/tune!

i already have an SCT/xcal 1 that i got as a freebie from a buddy, and im gonna send it to Brent at Brenspeed, have him put his fabled 93 tune on it, and order the JLT series 2 CAI from the JLT website.

TELL ME POSITIVES ABOUT THIS COMBO! what can i expect, sound, power, response, SEAT OF THE PANTS FEEL, ETC! i order it tommorow!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:39 AM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: **** YEA! just got approval for CAI/TUNE!

I have the JLT2 + Brenspeed tunes on mine, best bang for the buck you can do for these. Scared myself first test drive after the install. Thing I like best is the overall throttle response & drivability improvement it made. I ran the 89 tune for a few weeks, then went with the 93 tune & noticed a greater low end improvement over the 89, haven't gone back since.
Be careful!

[IMG]local://upfiles/47772/0543034F0E7C4860B5D448923C7FBD18.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

hell yea............with me still $2 grand in the hole for my car, i've convinced the parents to let me buy a CAI/tune!

i already have an SCT/xcal 1 that i got as a freebie from a buddy, and im gonna send it to Brent at Brenspeed, have him put his fabled 93 tune on it, and order the JLT series 2 CAI from the JLT website.

TELL ME POSITIVES ABOUT THIS COMBO! what can i expect, sound, power, response, SEAT OF THE PANTS FEEL, ETC! i order it tommorow!

Did your buddy get blown or something?

I haven't noticed any difference from a canned 89/93 tune... I am about to have to turn it down to 91 or 89 beacuse my gas station I used went under and I can't find 93 anywhere else
Old 11-19-2006, 02:00 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

I haven't noticed any difference from a canned 89/93 tune... I am about to have to turn it down to 91 or 89 beacuse my gas station I used went under and I can't find 93 anywhere else

you notice no difference?

yea my buddy got blown, but not his car

he ordered a used xcal2 from ebay, the guy sent him an xcal 1, said oops, keep that one, ill send the other one right out. so i get to keep the xcal1
Old 11-19-2006, 02:08 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

he ordered a used xcal2 from ebay, the guy sent him an xcal 1, said oops, keep that one, ill send the other one right out. so i get to keep the xcal1
So you had to suck him off for the X-cal?????????? [:'(]

I notcie the difference after the CAI and tune but not the between the 89, 91, 93 tune... Iunno why, canned tune maybe?
Old 11-19-2006, 02:10 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

I notcie the difference after the CAI and tune but not the between the 89, 91, 93 tune... Iunno why, canned tune maybe?

LOL oh man did that sound wrong.

i meant to imply his g/f blew him. oh well.

which tunes did u get? are they the sct tunes?
Old 11-19-2006, 02:14 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

LOL oh man did that sound wrong.

i meant to imply his g/f blew him. oh well.

which tunes did u get? are they the sct tunes?
yea it did, thanks for the new sig [8D]

I just got the SCT ones, I am waiting till I get more mods till I go for the Brenspeed 91+ tune
Old 11-19-2006, 06:58 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Good job man... I can never convince my parents into lettimg me get a mod that will make the mod faster.. notice All my mods are unseen... If my father opened the first aid bag in my trunk he will see. ( hair spray (used for number plates ) and my sct tunner with few bolts and some loctites :P ) lol
Old 11-19-2006, 07:56 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Why not buy the jlt from brent?
Old 11-19-2006, 02:50 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

lol saud.....you sneaky fellow

im probably gonna order the CAI from Brent.

anybody else have experiences? what about difference in sound with the intake? ease of install? things i should know?

Quick Reply: **** YEA! just got approval for CAI/TUNE!