Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Delivery delays

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:18 PM
FSUSTANG

Default GT Delivery delays

I custom ordered my 2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT on April 7th. At the time I was told it would take 4 - 8 weeks for delivery. The 8 week mark was June 2nd and still no car! I have been patient and only called the dealership 4 times since ordering it.
Each time I call the reason given for the delay is that I am getting the 18" polished wheels instead on the standard 17" stock wheels. Here is an exact quote "You ordered it with the 18" wheels didn't you, if you had ordered it with the stock 17" wheels you would have driving that car a month ago" Also each time I call they keep pushing the date out on me further and further. The time I called before today the date I was given was June 9-16th. Now today they said "By the end of the month"
So let me get this straight ... it takes an additional 4 weeks to put 18" polished wheels on this car?
Sounds strange to me.
Here is exactly what I ordered:
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Coupe Premium
Dark Charcoal Interior
Interior Upgrade Package
Comfort Group Package
GT apperance Package
Active Anti-Theft Package
Side Impact Air Bags Package
18" Polished Aluminum Wheels
5 Speed Automatic Transmission

What are your opinions?
I am thinking about calling them up and complaining about how disstaisfied I am with the entire process.
What do you guys think?

Old 06-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: GT Delivery delays

well, i ordered my car, it took about 6 weeks i think, but i ordered it like Feb.of 06. my guess is, this time of year they really start selling them and there just happens to be a back order on the 18" wheels. I dont think there is much you can do, just how it is (that is if the wheels are back ordered). you could try calling and asking about a replacement 18" wheel and see if they say "oh they are on back order" buthow many they have could bedifferent from Warranty/Parts then Production (not different as in different spec's on the wheel, but like how they stock them?) hopefully you can see what i'm trying to say even though i'm not sure, haha.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

Well, I just posted this on another thread, but here was my experience...
I ordered the car Jan 25, it was built Feb 15, sat in Flat Rock for a month forsome unknown reason, and was delivered to my dealer on Mar 20. Since it was a pre-sold car, you would've thought Ford would have shipped it out right away. Oh well, better late than never.
Old 06-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Tawse

There was another thread from someone complaining about a long delay and the dealer mentioning it being because of the 18" rims - but I can't remember where that thread was and I don't know the outcome. If I recall it involved a military guy who's father was going to pick the car up. Would be my luck if it was on the GrabberOrange.net site and not here. My point being - I've heard of delays due to the 18" rims.

I ordered my GT on March 28th and took delivery on May 24th - 8 weeks and 1 day. I got the 17" rims however.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Tawse

It was on the BOGO boards. Here's some linkage. Hope it helps.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:22 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Why even order the stock 18's? I test drove a car with the stock 18's and I wasn't impressed. For the money you can get much better quality IMHO. I'd rather spend a bit more and get some chrome American racing or similar.

My needs are simple I guess. I wanted vista blue and a manual transmission. Had to drive 1 hour to get it, but it's better than waiting 8 weeks+.

Bothering the dealer ain't going to get your car here any faster. You'll get it when you get it.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

I ordered mine in August 05, and took delivery on 12/17/05.... Rome wasn't built in a day... The dealerships don't always know what the reasons for any production/procurement delays might be. They want to get you the car just as quickly as you want it. Look on the bright side, the little longer you wait, the more money stays in your pocket. Waiting for this car is a painful process, but as many of us have done it, I'm sure you will survive. When you finally get delivery, you'll come to grips that the wait was well worth it for getting exactly what you wanted.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:15 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

Well, as I stated in another thread, I ordered mine April 2nd and was told it would take about 8-12 weeks from order to delivery. Mine is (was?) supposed to be built this week (basic specs below), with a delivery of the week of June 17. The last time I spoke with the dealer, however, (June 1 - my 3rd time calling him since ordering), he said that there had been a week delay, and that the car should now arrive the week of June 24. He did not say whether the delay was on the building or the delivery end of things, nor did I think to ask because I really wasn't that concerned with the build date, just primarily the ship date. I'll try to keep you informed of my progress, should it help at all.

- 07 GT Convertible, 5-spd
- California Special Edition (which includes the infamous 18" wheels)
- Redfire w/ Parchment top
- Black / Parchment CS Interior w/ Interior Upgrade Package and Comfort Group
Old 06-05-2007, 05:43 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

I ordered my car in August of last year and the dealer said 4-6 weeks. 4 Weeks into my wait I called to see what was going on with my carandthey told meit wasn't shipped yet and that theydidn't know when it would be delivered. Unhappy with that response,I did a little researchand called Ford Customer Service.Ford told me that my car was already shippedand was atthe dealers lot ready for pick-up[&:]

I called my dealer that same day and told him that I wanted my car NOW[:@]andmentioned tohim that Ispoketo Ford representatives in Michigan................my car was prepped and ready to be driven off the lot that same night

I later found out that while my car was on the lot - a few people saw it, fell in love with it and offered to buy it for WAY more than what I paid. If I didn't call, those bastards would have probably sold it to them.

STEALERSHIPS FTL!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:49 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

hmmm....that's interesting that you just called Ford Customer Service. I may do that soon, just to "get both sides of the story" so to speak. Also might be interesting to see if they can tell me the official reason for the delay; see if it is the 18" wheels or not.

Quick Reply: GT Delivery delays