Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 12:22 AM
89 5.0 Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Default Cold Air Intake

I know im don't have a 05-07 but my dad has an 05 Mustang GT , and i wanted to buy him a cold air intake because he let me get my car. Do you guys have any suggestions on good brands for a 05 GT?

[IMG]local://upfiles/47270/FC3A0384618941058BBBDB63474A1F66.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-06-2006, 12:30 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cold Air Intake

for the record, nice car. There have been a million threads on CAI's. When I asked about a good one, i was told the C&L intake with a SCT tune. That seems to be a pretty popular one. I have been looking at that as well as the JLT with the SCT tune. both available from brenspeed

hope that helps
Old 12-06-2006, 12:31 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

C & L is considered one of the best around many of the forums but it does require a tuner .... the granatelli has a nice one that does not require a tune and if your father is planning on adding more mods later on he can use the granatelli then when he decides he wants more mods he can go ahead and put the granatelli back to stock and then go ahead and get a tune ... if that makes any sense lol good luck man

Such a good son
Old 12-06-2006, 12:41 AM
89 5.0 Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Was it a real expensive system or was it like 300. We dont have the tools to tune at the house so we would have to take it somewhere correct. Oh and by the way that is one sick body kit and exaust you have on there. We wanted to do that but instead we just got SLP Loud mouths on it. Now we have two mustangs with SLP Loudmouths lol.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: 89 5.0 Mustang

Was it a real expensive system or was it like 300. We dont have the tools to tune at the house so we would have to take it somewhere correct. Oh and by the way that is one sick body kit and exaust you have on there. We wanted to do that but instead we just got SLP Loud mouths on it. Now we have two mustangs with SLP Loudmouths lol.

Hey bro.. That's an awesome gift you're getting your dad.. As far as a nice kit goes there are several of them out there. The C&L is real nice as well as a JLT but those will be pricier as they do require a tune. The Granatelli kit comes with a piggy back MAF harness so it doesn't require anything except for you to install it and enjoy it. You will here of some recent customers that got a bad MAF sensor but Granatelli did take care of that issue right away. We also had them send us a batch of MAF sensors to replace the ones we have in stock just to make sure that every kit we ship it trouble free.

Check out the links below as you can't the performance you get for the dollars you spend. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with. Thanks, Jared@Lethal

Granatelli Cold Air Intakes with Calibrated MAF
[color=#FF0033]POLISHED $409.95
Granatelli CAI (POLISHED) CLICK HERE

SATIN $349.95
Granatelli CAI (SATIN) CLICK HERE

Old 12-06-2006, 01:30 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

how much rwhp do the granatelli kits add?
Old 12-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

how much rwhp do the granatelli kits add?
We don't have any dyno graphs of any of our customers to post up but if you do a search on this site you will probably be able to find some. I know Granatelli advertises 20+rwhp and I don't see any reason why that can't be attained. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. Thanks, Jared@Lethal
Old 12-07-2006, 02:39 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

boostaddict

Unfortunately you sent me one of the problem units. (three or four weeks ago). Went through the nightmare of installing the unit (clamps too short, tube too short), and then the car wouldn't run. Just started and then died. I'd read of the problem through the forum so I called Granatelli direct. They shipped a harness right away; got it in 5 or 6 days, but haven't had a chance to install it yet. God, I hope it works!
Old 12-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: sandy

boostaddict

Unfortunately you sent me one of the problem units. (three or four weeks ago). Went through the nightmare of installing the unit (clamps too short, tube too short), and then the car wouldn't run. Just started and then died. I'd read of the problem through the forum so I called Granatelli direct. They shipped a harness right away; got it in 5 or 6 days, but haven't had a chance to install it yet. God, I hope it works!

Sandy,

Sorry for the inconveniece. We have had some people with issues on fitment but the majority have fit well. There was a bad batch of sensors but they have gotten that taken care of now. I'm sure the one they sent you will work just fine. Please let me know if you have any other issues and we'll do our best to help you out. Thanks, Jared

Old 12-07-2006, 02:58 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

Jared,

I agree, it seems that most the folks installing this unit have been super pleased with the performance. I do think G could extend the length of the tube on the unit about 1/2 inch and make install a heck of lot easier. Also; I know clamps are cheap, but theirs should be 1/2 longer also. Thanks for the good customer service; I'm hoping for the best.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake