Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CMDP's, is this true?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 12:13 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

Default CMDP's, is this true?!

Okay, so I emailed brenspeed asking about retuning for CMDP's. As everyone knows, Brenspeed does not stock FRPP products, and the Steeda CMDP's are insanely expensive. I was hoping I might get hooked up since they really don't have it, but I'd have to buy something else to get a good package deal. They also said the following:

"If you don’t have low gears in the car and don’t race it a lot don’t spend money on the plates and tune. They are not worth it. If you race and you have low gears the plates might work well for you."

Are CMDP's really not good for a daily driver craving more horseys under the hood?
Old 12-21-2006, 01:04 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CMDP's, is this true?!

His argument was probably an issue of "bang for your buck".

There is certainly no downside to CMCP deletes. They are inexpensive and the HP gains are without penalty. In other words, it's not a tradeoff--there's no loss down low.

However the significant gains are on the top end, and for street use, how often do you rev the engine to 5,000 or more? With lower gears, that's more common than with stock gears.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Johnnie D
2nd Gear Member

yeah i have them in mine, you might want to wait till you get headers (that is if you want to get headers) this way you only need to retune once, brent did give me a discount tune, cause i bought all my other junk from him...half price for the tune, still way cheapers than the steeda plates...not to mention its an easy install....i would get them
Old 12-21-2006, 01:20 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

Great input! Thanks guys! My plan is to do gears and pulleys next. After that I was going to get LTH's and CMDP's together. Does brenspeed not have 1-3/4 kooks though? I know they advertise 1-5/8 on the site...
Old 12-21-2006, 01:41 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: FuriousGeorge

Great input! Thanks guys! My plan is to do gears and pulleys next. After that I was going to get LTH's and CMDP's together. Does brenspeed not have 1-3/4 kooks though? I know they advertise 1-5/8 on the site...
Perhaps that is because Kooks only makes 1 5/8s for the S197s.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:50 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

ORIGINAL: FuriousGeorge

Perhaps that is because Kooks only makes 1 5/8s for the S197s.
Bummer! Is Kooks not the route to go for a future KB or Whipple setup?
Old 12-21-2006, 03:43 PM
06SSGT
1st Gear Member

Some of your better tuners, which I'm not allowed to mention here, don't charge for tunes for small stuff like that if you buy the tuner from them. I only paid $95 for mine(FRPP) and got free tunes. I noticed a big difference, especially in the throttle response.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Rench
1st Gear Member

I got the Ford plates and really haven't noticed any driveability issues at all and I'm using Brent's tune. I do race alot and have 4.10's but felt like there was enough a seat of the pants to make them worth while. I also picked up about .07 on the track. The Kooks are going in this winter, nice looking prodect but haven't had time to put them on the car yet.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:13 PM
JGT
2nd Gear Member

Won't that new FAST intake manifold due out in 07 include CM delete plates? If so, might it be worth it too wait and just get that, with hopefully even more gains. I am interested in this mod as well, but am curious the HP improvement you get out of that manifold. They are claiming 40 which most people are saying won't happen, but some think 20 is reasonable, partly due to the CM delete plates. Then again, it probably won't be cheap.
Old 12-22-2006, 01:46 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Wouldn't the delete plates be a good addition when going with a s/c. I'm going with a s/c this spring and probably will add them also.

Quick Reply: CMDP's, is this true?!