Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Long Tube Headers??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 05:45 PM
gt350frank

Default Long Tube Headers??

I'm looking for headers and want to go with the long tube ones......Does anybody know of some that are cheap in price but stillgood in quality????
Old 01-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Long Tube Headers??

Hi gt350frank,welcome to Mustang Forums!!!

The cheapest trueL/Theaders out there of decent qualityare JBAs at 800 bucks, but they are consructed of a lower grade of stainless steel and that doesn't include a mid pipe which will run another 400+ bucks for a catted H-pipe. They seem to be alright at best according to the general concensus. Now for quality L/Ts look at Kooks, Dynatech, orARH. They allrun about $1400for a full catted system.

Oh and learn to use the search feature. A lot of your questions have probably already been asked.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Frank,

Welcome to the forum. We would be glad to speak to you about your options with Long Tubes so if you have a few minutes and want to give us a call we're here for you. Thanks, Jared@Lethal

Old 01-11-2007, 08:21 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Simple answer is you can't have both, you can make compromises.

Best of everything is the American Racing headers. Next is the Kooks, which has same build quality but as a midpipe you will drop a little on the TQ gains. Some liek dynatech, but me I would never buy them.

JBA to me is a waste of money.. Stainless works is my vote for best bang for the buck.. 304ss, they offer 1 & 2/4th primaries and offer offraod and catted x pipes.

Go ahead and give Lethal a ring and they will hook you up..
Old 01-11-2007, 09:39 PM
gloryboy
2nd Gear Member

just an fyi, most headers out there need to have their brand of midpipe to work w/o welding....and most of the midpipes are x-pipes, jba is the only one i know of w/ h-pipe to mate w/ there headers...Most people seem to favor the sound of the h-pipe over the x, but that is a person pref. thing.(just something to consider). Seems like pretty good deal at rpmoutlet. jba stainless long tubes $599 shipped from rpmoutlet........matching h-pipe $149, $349 for catted h-pipe. No first hand experience w/ rpmoutlet though..........
Old 01-11-2007, 11:05 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Avoid RPM Outlet at all costs!!! There are hundreds of horror stories here on the forums (and elsewhere) about how RPM outlet ripped off various customers!

Better to buy from a dealer who gives good service, like Jared!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:10 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

Avoid RPM Outlet at all costs!!! There are hundreds of horror stories here on the forums (and elsewhere) about how RPM outlet ripped off various customers!

Better to buy from a dealer who gives good service, like Jared!
+1^100000000000
Old 01-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

I bought a set of L/T MACs 1 3/4 cermaic coated for 485.00 off ebay brand new!They just went up to 445.00 this week!The same guy offers the Mid pipe to match as well which is a MAC Pro Chamber!Its only 189.00!I was impressed with the qaulity of their headers!Anyways,thats the cheapest I know of!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:22 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Could not pay me to use another set of MACs on a car.. the welds were crap, the fitment was no where near perfect, the flange was thin and easy to warp oh and mild steel is craptastic even ceramic coated it can rust from the inside out and when the ceramic chips it rusts real fast as they become hot spots
Old 01-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Norse1974
3rd Gear Member

Bro,,,Have you seen the "NEW" Mac L/Ts?They are nothing like that!First off they are SS & the flange is thick as hell!No way they will warp!Besides,D'Agastino Racing (Site sponser) stands behind them as well!Talked to Derek before I bought them!You should take a look at them,seriously.....

Quick Reply: Long Tube Headers??