Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

side window scoops

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:06 AM
flawinme666

Default side window scoops

i see alot of people with the side window scoops/ect nad was wondering if they create a bad blind spot or not
Old 01-15-2007, 05:53 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: side window scoops

I wouldn't say a bad blindspot but the rear quater window is covered. I find the side view mirrors more than adequate in providing enough rear/side view as the mirrors ar IMO big for a muscle car. I never had problems and LOVE the look. Check the pic to the left click the camera.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:35 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Yes they do restrict sight and therfore cause a blindspot. (when backing up mostly). "bad or not" depends on who you ask but you soon adjust to this without even really knowing by looking more frequently out of your door glass and switching between drivers and passengers door glances more often when in reverse. I have never seen any post or spoke to anyone in person who has mentioned getting in an accident because of scoops or louvers. As the above poster mentioned the side mirrors are adequate for monitoring whats going on. (if positioned correctly)

You can also add a back camera. This is very easily done with a micro camera in the rear tag along with a monitor, either stand alone monitor or rear view mirror monitor that shows a wide angle of whats behind you.

Good luck.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:16 PM
4mymustang

I have always been curious about these scoops/louvers and blind spots too. I guess I could ask someone to sit in there car to see how the view is.

And Flewbyu your car is God---- beautiful! I got your message, no problem guy!

Not to hi-jack
Old 01-15-2007, 07:54 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

I have always been curious about these scoops/louvers and blind spots too. I guess I could ask someone to sit in there car to see how the view is.

And Flewbyu your car is God---- beautiful! I got your message, no problem guy!

Not to hi-jack
Thanks allot! I like it very much! lol. Again the scoops are not bad once you get used to them. Getting in a car with them to see is a good idea if you are not sure, or you can take newspaper or something and block off you 1/4 window for a day to see how the view is.

Good luck
Old 01-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

Where isa good website to buy Xenonquarter scoops?? And how about Cervini window scoops??

Both UNpainted
Old 01-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Max68

I got mine off of ebay they came painted to match the car and they sloted so I can see thru them no blind spot at all.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:51 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Max68
I got mine off of ebay they came painted to match the car and they sloted so I can see thru them no blind spot at all.
Which brand window "scoop" did you get that is slotted? You woud'nt be talking about a slotted louver would you? Do you have a pic?
Old 01-17-2007, 12:05 AM
Max68

yes it is a slotted louver. I am not sure what brand but I will see if I can pull some info from my ebay account.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:08 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

yes it is a slotted louver. I am not sure what brand but I will see if I can pull some info from my ebay account.
Its ok dude, I was just clarifing what you were talking about. These guys are not talking about "louvers" (like I have) they are talking about "scoops" 2 different things and the scoops do have blind spots.The louvers have one as well but not as bad with the slotts.

Quick Reply: side window scoops