Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hard time hooking up the CAI

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 08:13 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

Default Hard time hooking up the CAI

Hey everyone, I own a 05 Mustang GT Perf.White Auto. I installed the C&L CAI and the Predator tuner. after all that the Check Engine Light goes on. I return everything to stock along with the Tune and everythin is good. I reinstall the C&L and the engine light goes on again. I got tired of it and returned it to stock and took it to the ford dealer for them to install it knowing it would cost me an arm and leg. they install it and I drive off happy. after I turn off the car to get something at the store, I turn the car back on and the light goes on again. I go back to the dealer and they give the car some test that says that the PCV valve is too short on the C&L and thatmore air is comeing in.I call C&L and they find it very wierd so they tell me to replace the hose that connects to the PCV and the engine with a (3/8 or 3/4, I forgot the measurements and the car is not here now) and clamps. Now the display on the predator comes up but no texts. I call them up and they tell me to send it to them to get it updated. So right now the car is stock tuned with the replacement hose and the light is on. What could the problem be? If I install the CAI but no tune, Will the light go on because of all the air that the sensor is gettin? Thats what the guys at C&L told me....Oh and if I install everything the CAI and the tune but the light is still on, Is there a way to get the light off? Like disconnecting the battery or something.... Please help, Thank you everyone!
Old 02-04-2007, 08:25 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Hard time hooking up the CAI

Why did you go to Ford instead of who you got the tune from?
Old 02-04-2007, 08:53 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

Cuz its in Arizona. and the CAI is in TN. Im all the way in the East Coast.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:03 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

wow...you went to a ford dealer to install a CAI with a tune and they did it? I can't believe that. The hose should be fine. The tune might cause the problem if it was incorrectly done. You must have done something during the install (f*** up the MAF sensor or something) to make it still throw a light when back to stock.
Old 02-05-2007, 07:22 AM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

Will a local mechanic find out the problem?
Old 02-05-2007, 08:58 PM
geroms

I had the same problem with my C&L and Predator tune... couldn't get the check engine light to go out no matter what I did. I even had it dyno tuned but the damn light came on againa few days later. I called C&L andI talked to the speed shop that put it on the dynobut no onehad any ideas. I even replaced the stupid MAF sensor thinking that maybe it was defective.

I finally decided to disconnect the battery and left it disconnected for about 30 min.I figured that just like any computer, sometimes a good "reboot"is the only thing that will fix certain problems. And sure enough, that seemed to fix it. I haven't driven it for a while now since I don't drive it in the winter but I drove it for a good 2 months after disconnecting the battery and the light never came back on.

Also, you should be able to clear your CE light errors by using your tuner.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:21 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

Make sure the Predator tune that you're loadingisdesigned specificallyfor the C&L intake, and not for thestock intake.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

You did install the CAI while you had the battery disconnected, right? Fiddling with the harness while the battery's connected is not always a good idea.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:43 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

That usually doesn't matter.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:53 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

Thanks everyone! It worked! I had the battery disconnected when installing it and it worked!!... I owe you guys!

Quick Reply: Hard time hooking up the CAI