Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help on choosing Mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 04:25 AM
kettle2k3

Default Help on choosing Mods

[align=left]Hey,
I have a 06 GT Auto with only a Air Raid cold air intake. Im looking to get a SLP loudmouth axle back exhaust. What should I get to help increase my horse power? I was thinking about headers and a throttle body and Gears. Maybe even a chip, but i dont want to ruin my warranty. Any Ideas?[/align]
Old 03-30-2007, 04:45 AM
buddha211
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help on choosing Mods

LT headers are a good idea. Forget the throttle body - do a search on here for throttle bodies and you will see many tales of heartbreak and frustration (well, maybe just frustration).

As for other stuff? Getting a tune will be beneficial especially since you are driving an auto (SCT or Diablosport from one of the usual suspects, brenspeed, b-amachips, etc.) and are really easy to change back if you want warranty work with no hassle. Other great mods seem to be underdrive pulleys and possible a new driveshaft. Neither of these is technically a power adder but they will make more hp to the wheels by getting rid of parasitic loss. CMCV deletes will also help but will definitely require a tune (the aforementioned tuners can help you there or you can get it dynotuned locally which is even better). Another easy mod that will help a bit is an offroad or hi-flow catted x/h pipe to complement the headers and loudmouths. Be warned though, the loudmouths get VERY loud when married up to offroad pipes and even the hi-flow cats (mine is pretty loud, and very loud at WOT).

You keep modding and you'll end up like me eventually, basically saying screw the warranty. If something goes dreadfully wrong I am just keeping all my stock parts and will return the car to stock before taking it in.

Edit: some new gears will help too. Again not adding power there but taking better advantage of what's already there. I'm planning on 4.10s but I've seen many people on here with autos going with 3.73s or maybe 3.90