Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

more problems!!

Old 04-27-2007, 08:46 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: more problems!! (UPDATED)

I hate dealerships quite a bit, I will never go back there unless I absolutely have to.

I had my car repainted by a certified ford paint shop when my car was keyed a while back and they couldn't even put my freaking car back together right. I had a washer nozzle hanging out and my window lining is hanging out over the edge because they broke a clip on it. My left door handle is loose because they decided not to put it back on correctly... I had a lemon before this car and the car decided to cut out and just die in the middle of the dam highway near killed me with traffic on the road. The electrical system died on the car and I said hell no i'm not taking that car back I want another one, which they gave me.

Trust me you'll run into plenty of BS, but i've been clean for a while except the door handle and stupid window lining.

-Jeff
Old 04-28-2007, 11:52 AM
dsterbd

Default RE: more problems!!

If the "tech" that put the oil in thought it was a 6 cylinder, that means he probably put in the wrong oil (besides leaving the dip stick out, andnot realizing what engine he was working on (are we sure this guy is a tech!!)). The 6 uses 5w-30 and the 8 uses 5w-20. Then the tech that came out would have put in the right oil to top it off so you would then have a mixture of the two. I heard running 5w-30 is not a good idea in these engines, but I really do not know the answer to that. I would bring that up to them and maybe make them redrain and put in the correct oil...put them on the spot, bastards. I would be so pissed. My local ford dealer pissed me off the very first time I took my car there, I will not go back. I was just trying to get my 5k service and they could not pull it off...
Old 04-28-2007, 02:02 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

And dont assume the radiator overflow thing is done either. I took mine back to the dealership 3 times before they replaced the whole overflow bottle and the problem was gone. I also agree with someones comment about take it 1 issue at a time. Try as Ford might, this is really a whole new car and they are still working out bugs. Unfortunately us early adopters are going to beta it for Ford and then they'll get better with time. Just be cool and fix them one thing at a time.

And yes - time to do your own oil changes it sounds like!!
Old 04-28-2007, 04:36 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I would want them to replace both rear shocks, not just one, wtf!
Old 04-28-2007, 07:08 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: more problems!! (UPDATED)

I agree
ORIGINAL: nothsa

I hate dealerships quite a bit, I will never go back there unless I absolutely have to.

I had my car repainted by a certified ford paint shop when my car was keyed a while back and they couldn't even put my freaking car back together right. I had a washer nozzle hanging out and my window lining is hanging out over the edge because they broke a clip on it. My left door handle is loose because they decided not to put it back on correctly... I had a lemon before this car and the car decided to cut out and just die in the middle of the dam highway near killed me with traffic on the road. The electrical system died on the car and I said hell no i'm not taking that car back I want another one, which they gave me.

Trust me you'll run into plenty of BS, but i've been clean for a while except the door handle and stupid window lining.

-Jeff
Old 04-30-2007, 10:44 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dsterbd

If the "tech" that put the oil in thought it was a 6 cylinder, that means he probably put in the wrong oil (besides leaving the dip stick out, andnot realizing what engine he was working on (are we sure this guy is a tech!!)). The 6 uses 5w-30 and the 8 uses 5w-20. Then the tech that came out would have put in the right oil to top it off so you would then have a mixture of the two. I heard running 5w-30 is not a good idea in these engines, but I really do not know the answer to that. I would bring that up to them and maybe make them redrain and put in the correct oil...put them on the spot, bastards. I would be so pissed. My local ford dealer pissed me off the very first time I took my car there, I will not go back. I was just trying to get my 5k service and they could not pull it off...
Never thought about that. I guess I should give them a call and do some more yelling. It seems that they only give you your way if you yell at them. I tried being nice and all but they give me bull **** because im young. So if something happens to the motor down the road that wouldnt normally happen, could this be the blame? And what should I do about this???
Old 05-01-2007, 01:02 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

thats some BS, im 22 and i have a 06 blk gt. I take my gt to Miller ford, in new jersey. They do everything including oil changes; never had a problem yet. they fixed my tsb ebrake cable, they replaced my skr500 (that didnt hlp, but atleast they tryed), they replaced that "switch" thing that moves your seat up which snaped right off, they fixed my windows which made a ton of noise, they did all this no questions ask!

You need to find a good dealer, even if that means taking a bit of a drive. Dont even bring your car back to the other dealer, f@k them!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:26 AM
Foose12
2nd Gear Member

On the radiator thing. A buddy of mine had antifreeze all over the place a couple weeks ago....It ended up being a loose hose i think

good luck on the car