Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed or B a m a chips ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 10:03 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Default Brenspeed or B a m a chips ?

Hey guys, I installed my C & L + Xcal2 with a brenspeed tune, along with Steeda UDP´s and BBK tb (please no flaming on the bbk cuz imo i felt a good change with it, no downs at all) so anyway, I'm very pleased with the tune in some aspects, the car from a roll its a totally different car, incredible response, it also chirps when shifting 1 - 2 and sometimes 2 - 3 even with stickier tires than stocks (Toyo advan sport), but i feel the car kinda slow or lazy from a dig, I powerbrake the car till 2K rpms then launch it, like all automatics but from 2K rpms to 3K rpms I feel the car is not as good as it should be, I feel it takes a bit longer to cover that specific 1k rpms than stock, I even had some wheel spin from stock now i cant even spin the tires from a dig. I have a g-tech also and my best stock time 0 - 60 mph was 5.3 sec, now with all the mods i cant do better than 5.5 secs and mostly do 5.8´s, i'm confused with the times [&:] I thought i should do 5 flat. I wrote an email to brent explaining my situation and still haven't got a response.

So any1 here that have tried both tunes? any good diference between each other? and those with dougs tune whats the difference between the "performance" and "race" tune ?
Doug in his site says he focus mainly in low-end torque (1200 - 3800 rpms) so i think i need a tune like that one in my case

Any experiences or opinions please?

Thanks !
Old 05-02-2007, 10:19 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Brenspeed or B a m a chips ?

ORIGINAL: MexGT

So any1 here that have tried both tunes? any good diference between each other? and those with dougs tune whats the difference between the "performance" and "race" tune ?
Doug in his site says he focus mainly in low-end torque (1200 - 3800 rpms) so i think i need a tune like that one in my case

Any experiences or opinions please?

Thanks !
That is the torq tune pretty much.....very good down low. The performance is more balance al the way through but not as much down low as the torq.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:19 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

From what I have heard, Brent is a great guy and does descent work but I have dealt with Doug several times over the years and you would be hard pressed to find anything negative on B a m a chips from a customer so that would be my vote.

I think dougs tune are as close to a custom tune as any of the canned tunes out there.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:25 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

I think dougs tune are as close to a custom tune as any of the canned tunes out there.
Why are you saying that Dougs tune is a canned tune. It is far from it. Canned tunes are the tunes loaded on the SCT or Predator from the factory with no consideration on the mods you have. Dougs are custom because he know each mod you have and adjusts for those mods accordingly. A dyno tune would be the best custom tune you can get though of course.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:32 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Doug is great as I said and I am a big fan of his but let's not call a club a spade. His is a canned tune - pure and simple. Every car reacts differently and is unique regardless of the mods and the only 'custom' tune is to put it on a dyno and adjust the MAF transfger functions and injector slopes for that individual car - period.

Custom tune = putting your car on a dyno or road testing with a laptop and making and monitoring changes to the tune on the car under load. Anything else is a 'canned tune'
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

Why are you saying that Dougs tune is a canned tune. It is far from it. Canned tunes are the tunes loaded on the SCT or Predator from the factory with no consideration on the mods you have. Dougs are custom because he know each mod you have and adjusts for those mods accordingly. A dyno tune would be the best custom tune you can get though of course.

Unless he tuned YOUR car with the mods YOU have its a canned tune. I am sure he stuff is great, but bottom line every car is different and to assume that Car A with a Steeda CAI will dyno and respond the same as Car B with the same CAI, your wrong. There canned tune's regardless how they tune with your mods.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:18 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

So coming back to the main post.... wich one ?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:20 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

I dont think you could go wrong with either one as long as you know your getting a canned tune. Best way to go is Dyno Tune, but I have heard better stuff about brenspeed.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:40 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

uhmmmm I think the most proximate dyno tune from my town is actually going to usa (south texas, 4.5 hr drive + hotel, gas+food, etc) i think the best option for me right now is a canned tune from one of this guys. Until i want to do cams and ported heads (thing that ill do in Texas ofcourse) ill go to a dyno[&:]
Old 05-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Jeff@VMPTuning
I ♥ Acer

MexGT,

Please take a look into our custom tunes available from us at www.VMPTuning.com. We offer each custom tune for just $50 with support and will adjust the tune to your wants and needs when purchased. If you have any questions please feel free to send an email/pmor give us a call so we can assist you an provide you with the tune you need.

The link for our custom tune is http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...ent=2&pg=1

Jeff

Quick Reply: Brenspeed or B a m a chips ?