Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FORD RACING X PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Default RE: FORD RACING X PIPE

Not really a good sound clip 'cause I took off from Idle...but you might get an Idea of the sound.....JBA Shorties, FRPP X-Pipe, JBA A/B's
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=100_0381.flv
Old 02-08-2008, 01:28 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Flowmaster spent considerable time inR&D to make it sound nice for the stock set-up which it does. You say nothing works, have you tried an x-pipe? I had an O/R X and woahh! BAD DECISION with flowmasters! (Can't stress itenough)But when I put the cats on it was loud and had a very aggressive sound which I loved. Also it wasnt obnoxious like the O/R.If the X would have stopped leaking I would have kept it. Btw it was Bassanni.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:35 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VistaGT

Flowmaster spent considerable time inR&D to make it sound nice for the stock set-up which it does. You say nothing works, have you tried an x-pipe? I had an O/R X and woahh! BAD DECISION with flowmasters! (Can't stress itenough)But when I put the cats on it was loud and had a very aggressive sound which I loved. Also it wasnt obnoxious like the O/R.If the X would have stopped leaking I would have kept it. Btw it was Bassanni.
Here is what mine sounds like with Stock manifolds F/R X-pipe and Flow master 40's.

Ed's SGT exhaust
Old 02-08-2008, 09:52 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

Hey sounds great in the clip. Does it sound louder in person than just flowmasters and the stock H? Also did you feel any performance?
Old 02-08-2008, 09:59 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

Hey sounds great in the clip. Does it sound louder in person than just flowmasters and the stock H? Also did you feel any performance?
No performance increase im sure over the stock GTA's. Sounds louder in person and sounds wicked, especially at WOT. Not sure how it sounds with an H pipe? The SGT comes stock with the "X" pipe. For me, it definitly has that louder 60's muscle car sound, but your ears may vary..........
Old 02-08-2008, 10:43 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

No performance increase im sure over the stock GTA's. Sounds louder in person and sounds wicked, especially at WOT. Not sure how it sounds with an H pipe? The SGT comes stock with the "X" pipe. For me, it definitly has that louder 60's muscle car sound, but your ears may vary..........
Thanks for the clip man.

It's weird, but from the clip the tone sounds a lot like stock mufflers + X-pipe (I swapped the Stingers for stock for a few days and I have the same FRPP X-pipe). It's hard to hear the difference in volume from the clip though. Are the flowmasters much louder than the GTAs? I had the GTAs but they were too quiet.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:59 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sycd

ORIGINAL: 07GTEddy

Thanks for the clip man.

It's weird, but from the clip the tone sounds a lot like stock mufflers + X-pipe (I swapped the Stingers for stock for a few days and I have the same FRPP X-pipe). It's hard to hear the difference in volume from the clip though. Are the flowmasters much louder than the GTAs? I had the GTAs but they were too quiet.

The flows are louder, Not a bunch louder, but, louder. The part i like about the flows is that, I have that rumbly, muscle car sound all the time from idle on up thru the rpm ranges. The GTA's i did not, they would rumble alittle at idle and then there were stages thru out the rpm that they would quit up a little and then they would tone up a little, ect..... The Flows sound good thru the whole rpm range with no loss in sound. I can always hear it in the car, (No Drone) just that the sound is there. Under WOT, man, they sound killer. Remindes me of some small block fords i have built in my life time (Old guy now) that deliver the sound without that tinny, trumpity sound. I will try over the weekend to get a better clip of it.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:21 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

[/quote]

.....Forgot that you had a SGT haha.

As far as the diffrence between GTA's and Flows it's all in who you ask. There are people who love the way both sound and there are people who hate them. Also some think they're both too quiet. If I had to give an answer I'd say flows are louder.IMO with the Intake/Tune the Flows sound NASTY even with the stock H and is actually quite loud. Also another thing with the flows is it's relatively hushed in the interior while the exterior noise is very aggressive. Still at WOT even inside it's loud.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:37 AM
StangMan001
2nd Gear Member

Nice Stang phil...lookin' good!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Vcoat
3rd Gear Member

Does this sound like a nascar ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvMEFEt2N3g

Quick Reply: FORD RACING X PIPE