Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Holy Crap Man!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default Holy Crap Man!!!!!!!

Wow got my brenspeed tunes today, and while I was waiting for UPS I got impatient and went and picked up my new Bassani axlebacks as well. So I get home from vancouver, and had some lunch. Pulled my Airriad apart failey easily except I had to go by the torx bit for the MAF. That turns out was it would seem my biggest hicup. Took awhile but I got the axlebacks installed, I jacked up the rear end which made the job eons easier since my car is lowered. The passenger side need to be cenetered a little better, I thought I had it but when I got done tighteneing everything down It had moved back on me ofcourse but the driver side fell right into place. I'll check the bolts on Tuesday(gotta work next 4 days)to make sure everything is tight. With the restrictor removed from the intake and all the hoseclamps tightened down which to my dismay they were not before so whoever installed the CAI(Not me) did a ****ty job[:@]. I plugged in my new SCT XCAL2 and first checked my strategy then went back and changed the program which took all of 5 min. Remove the tuner and turn it on(what a rush ) My accross the street nieghbor gave me an immediate BIG thumbs up. Take it out for a ride and away we goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo A little pinging at WOT but wholy **** it she only gets faster as she picks up and throttle response it outta this world. I may have to try Dougs race and torque tunes with all the good things I have heard, but Brent's tunesI can say for sure kicks *** [sm=badbadbad.gif]
Old 06-08-2007, 12:35 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Holy Crap Man!!!!!!!

[sm=icon_cheers.gif] i know how it feels, congrats

Old 06-08-2007, 01:41 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

wait till you get a S/C, you'll feel like you need a parachute to stop....LOL
Old 06-08-2007, 01:50 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

2 weeks of school left and I am back to work. Then I can start modding my car.
Hate not having anything done. I honestly have never experienced performance modding a car, but I have been through 10 ****ty *** cars. cant wait to get that feeling!!
Old 06-08-2007, 01:59 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

It's a bug/virus. Once you start modding, there is no stopping. I seriously just got into this mustang 6 months ago, and with my stereo (custom install) andengine mods have 56K+ into this thing already. Im shopping for a new motor/heads right now. BTW this is my first real car too.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:16 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

My wife says no sc so I promised not to The tune really woke her up, its like getting to know the car all over again. The axleback were an impulse and although I had to go with the cheaper set I love the way the bassani's sound up close and personal. I want to do pullies but rather than have someone install those I'll take it to my father in law's place, I think he has the tools for that job. I need to tint the windows first with summer coming(our whole 2 months). Overall it was agreat experience today, tacobill's how to guides help out quite a bit.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:20 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Hey Mike,

Small world but there is a 90-95% Chance that I will be relocating for my company out there in Hillsboro within the next month. You'll have to show me around when we get up there in July.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:21 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

I think my first mod is going to be flowmaster axle-backs. I know a guy who is sellin them for 150CDN which is like...141.21USD haha they have about 5 months use on them...worth it? no holes or anything..
Old 06-08-2007, 02:31 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Sounds like fun. July and Augustit'll be 80's-90's mostly maybe a day or 2 above the century mark. Sept and Oct it'll start to cool off.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:35 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

That beats the 110+ average for the months of July-Sept any day!!!!

Quick Reply: Holy Crap Man!!!!!!!