Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dynoed..Is this right?

Old 06-20-2007, 02:21 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dynoed..Is this right?

I don't have LT's my friend does.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:23 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vocoat

I could be wrong but you tend to lose torque with the longtubes...
yes, you are wrong.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:07 PM
eckomaninred

Umm...newbie here, but those numbers sound way wrong. I have an 06 GT Manual w/ sct excal 93 tune, jlt CAI, bbk underdrive pullies, and custom strait pipes. I dyno'd at 309 max HP and 323 max TQ.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:19 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: v6VenoM

So today me and my friend went to get our cars dynoed. He has an 05 GT, Auto, MAC LT Headers, Pypes O/R H pipe, Custom Straight Pipes, C & L CAI, Diablo Tuner with a 93 Canned Tune, 3.73 gears. Well when they dynoed him his RWHP came out to 257.Does that soundright? I was thinking there could've been a possible spike butI dont know. Then we dynoed my 07 GT Auto, Pypes O/R H, Mac Axel Backs, JLT CAI, SCT Xcal 2 93 Tune from Doug. My RWHP came out to 281 but my torque was 276. Does that sound right as well? BTW it was on a DynoJet. So anyone who has knowledge of this help me out here. Thanks.
something is not right....first of all does the person know HOW to dyno a s197 AUTO....allot dont so that is why I ask. they have to lock it out in 4th. If they dont they will not be 1/1 so it will not show the true numbers...allot dont even know that as they try to dyno the autos in 3rd..I would ask them that...if they did ....lets see the dyno sheets...so we can determine if they started too late....again..allot dont start the pull until 3200RPM...too late.....if they did start right....how did they dyno the car in 4th....they have to put in a lockout command to the pcm so it does not downshift as we know 4th is D on an auto and if not locked out will downshift and again...depending on when he started the run..it will skew them as well.also, these cars have variable cams and the cams need to be warmed for a dyno run..so if they ran the car stone cold that will also skew the numbers.....my car was getting in the 257-265 range bone stock.....282rwhp with just cai and tune and 300.8 with Kooks LT and catted x-pipe....as far as the person claiming LT lose torque..incorrect....they gain torque...anyways..those numbers are off and you need to check on the info above to see why...or go to someone else who knows how to dyno the s197///TJ
Old 06-21-2007, 12:04 AM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

Well they gave me a disk with the dyno sheets on them and I can't even open it and 2nd I will never go to that place cuz they sucked! There aren't many places that dyno by me either. I definitely felt they didn't know what they were doing when they told me my friends numbers.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:18 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

Im the friend with the ****y numbers.... Woomp Woomp woomp!

-John
Old 06-22-2007, 09:22 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ADudeInNewJersey

-John
relax dude....whoever dyoned you..it could not have been done right....according to your numbers, thats close to bone stock....so I doubt that...more importantly than numbers what is your assometer telling you.....that is the true judge...not some machine that someone could have screwed up..plus what counts is what your *** tells ya
Old 06-22-2007, 11:52 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: ADudeInNewJersey

-John
relax dude....whoever dyoned you..it could not have been done right....according to your numbers, thats close to bone stock....so I doubt that...more importantly than numbers what is your assometer telling you.....that is the true judge...not some machine that someone could have screwed up..plus what counts is what your *** tells ya

You sure know how to turn a man's frown upside down! This calls for a drink! or two or three

-John
Old 06-23-2007, 02:08 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

My setup is similar to yours (C&L, Lt's, OR-h pipe, and 373) and with out the juice I am at 304rwhp. Don't know if that helps but it sounds like you got hosed on your dyno.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:22 AM
Chef
2nd Gear Member

i not sure at all but with those add ons you should have more not less hp

Search this Thread