Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Car Vandalized

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 02:19 PM
krahez

Default RE: Car Vandalized

Friends of mine had a car broken into at Kennywood a couple weeks back. They paid for the "VIP" parking and everything. The hell of it is the cameras were pointed at the free parking not the paid parking. He said the entire security force was focusing on enforcing the smoking ban, rather than the parking lot. He didn't lose as much as you, but the principal of the whole thing. I'm not sure of the outcome of the whole thing, if I hear anything that will help I'll PM you.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:20 PM
krahez

Friends of mine had a car broken into at Kennywood a couple weeks back. They paid for the "VIP" parking and everything. The hell of it is the cameras were pointed at the free parking not the paid parking. He said the entire security force was focusing on enforcing the smoking ban, rather than the parking lot. He didn't lose as much as you, but the principal of the whole thing. I'm not sure of the outcome of the whole thing, if I hear anything that will help I'll PM you.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:48 PM
sccaii
1st Gear Member

Cell have GPS or traceable by the cell company. Call them see if you can get the digits they might be dumb enough to make a call or two. If its trackable then you could do it that way.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Tungsten06GT
2nd Gear Member

krahez, thanks a ton! I think I'm calling Kennywood tomorrow to bitch at them. I'm so pissed now. Yesterday I was just kind of depressed, but now it's on.

Thankfully, my insurance company hooked me up with a rental car since it's on my plan, and all I'll have to pay is the $50 dollar deductable. I've got all receipts for everything so I'm set. And I dropped my car off at the body shop at the Ford dealership for them to start getting parts together to repair everything.

Unforunately I won't be able to get my cell phone replaced so I reactivated an older one. I tried finding out if any calls were made on my other one before we deactivated it, but unfortunately I won't be able to find out the calls for another couple days (the call logs take about a week to update).

If anyone else has any other information to help me out, it would be greatly appriciated. Either way, I am beefing up my security system after this. Those pain generators may be a good idea!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:18 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

I wouldnt be surprised if the "security" guy is involved, they get paid minimum wage quite often they tipp off the crooks when there is something worth stealing.
At any rate I am really sorry that happened to you.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:38 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

I agree with jrm1900... it does sound like the security guard was paid off...

I feel really sorry for you man... It made me imagine what if that happened to me! AHH! I can't even think of it... I would seriously have tohurt someone... very, very badly.

Hope you get it back to the way it was soon!
Old 07-17-2007, 12:58 AM
sharkbait20
2nd Gear Member

razor blades installed in the trunk behind the box and amp... thatll make em think if a stereo was worth having their hands sliced to the bone
Old 07-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Tungsten06GT
2nd Gear Member

So I drove into work today, trying to dodge whoever I saw. Wonder why? I cruised in driving a Suzuki Frontera... Oh yeah, 127 hp, basically no acceleration whatsoever. I was going to opt for a nicer rental car but my insurance covers this one 100% (I am paying the least amount of money possible here to get everything back to normal).

I don't know if I'm going to be able to take driving this thing for the next couple weeks...
Old 07-17-2007, 09:21 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

That sucks big time..sorry to hear about it.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: slySTANGguy

was it a double din, in dash screen. or a flip up? I think the double din in dash looks much better, but the flip up is easy to hide ya know. what kind of security system did you have installed? Do people ever go around steeling performance mods?
hell yeah! when i lived in hawaii... four of my friends had subarus and evo and hondas and such.. each one had their headers stolen off the cars... downtown in waikiki! parked in a military controlled parking lot! i believe one of thehondas lost his intake as well... Effin vultures!!

Quick Reply: Car Vandalized