Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is $5200 Best Whipple HO price?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 02:30 PM
ytix
1st Gear Member

Default Is $5200 Best Whipple HO price?

Must spend the rest of my grandparents retirement money before they waste it on medications and visits to the doctors. So the HO Whipple package will be be purchased before the weekend. I was quoted $5200 shipped. Decent deal or is there better? Remember I want my grandparents to feel proud of my fiscal prudence.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:53 PM
DocVenture
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Is $5200 Best Whipple HO price?

7psi or 11psi?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Is it a tuner HO kit or complete HO kit? If its a complete kit that is that is the best deal I've seen. Normally the complete kits cost 5900-6200 bucks.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:14 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I'd like to see your receipt after you purchase it because that price is unbelievable.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:17 PM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ytix

Must spend the rest of my grandparents retirement money before they waste it on medications and visits to the doctors. So the HO Whipple package will be be purchased before the weekend. I was quoted $5200 shipped. Decent deal or is there better? Remember I want my grandparents to feel proud of my fiscal prudence.
ytix, if you got a HO Whipple for that price please tell me where you got it from.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:17 PM
ytix
1st Gear Member

DocVenture: I have the 5 speed so I assumed 10 psi...hmm I don't exactly know.
Timmay!!!: I was quoted the black kit with supercharger, intercooler , heat exchanger, injectors, plugs, CAI, MAF, GT500 fuel pump and FRPP programmer
Old 08-16-2007, 04:38 PM
ytix
1st Gear Member

moosestang and aclass pm me if you'd like the contact infofor theFord dealership I'm buyin from.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

That's a dealership price... HOLY HELL!!! PM me with the details too please...

Not sure about the FRPP Tuner though... I think I would like the SCTII or something. which might be the price difference there... hmmm....
Old 08-16-2007, 06:43 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

There is no sct tuner available with the whipple. You fill out a voucher after you get the kit and mail it to whipple or ford racing and they send you the flash tool with tune loaded.

I'm hoping I can put on the voucher that I have 4.10 gears. I allready have a Xcal2, but I read when they first started selling the kit you had to send off your pcm to have whipple reflash it like the saleen kit. Someone then tried to use their sct tuner to change parameters on the whipple tune and the car wouldn't start afterwards. I'm pretty sure the whipple tune changes your pcm code somehow.

I never did get a straight answer on the 4.10 gears. I also want my TCS turned off in the tune and i'm sure they won't do that so i'm just going to get it dyno tuned.

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

Not sure about the FRPP Tuner though... I think I would like the SCTII or something. which might be the price difference there... hmmm....
Old 08-16-2007, 06:51 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

There is no sct tuner available with the whipple. You fill out a voucher after you get the kit and mail it to whipple or ford racing and they send you the flash tool with tune loaded.

I'm hoping I can put on the voucher that I have 4.10 gears. I allready have a Xcal2, but I read when they first started selling the kit you had to send off your pcm to have whipple reflash it like the saleen kit. Someone then tried to use their sct tuner to change parameters on the whipple tune and the car wouldn't start afterwards. I'm pretty sure the whipple tune changes your pcm code somehow.

I never did get a straight answer on the 4.10 gears. I also want my TCS turned off in the tune and i'm sure they won't do that so i'm just going to get it dyno tuned.

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

You could still use your SCT III, but not with the whipple tune. You would have to take it to a tuner that uses the SCT, and that place can make a tune for you.

Quick Reply: Is $5200 Best Whipple HO price?