Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Delete plates

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Savanah07
1st Gear Member

Default Delete plates

Ok, so i was thinking about getting delete plates from brenspeed since they will retune for free. which are the best plates to go with, the cast or the billets? they emailed me back and said that the cast they have tested but not the billets. OR should i go with another brand of delete plates altogether? and can i install the delete plates myself. i did my cai by myself? You guys really help with decisions.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:50 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Delete plates

the billet are completely pointless unless you like spending 300 on something that you can get for 140 and there are no other delete plates other than the steeda. CAI is easy but the delete plates require alot more....look through Tacobills post on them and you decide if you want to do them yourself.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:20 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

the billet are completely pointless unless you like spending 300 on something that you can get for 140 and there are no other delete plates other than the steeda. CAI is easy but the delete plates require alot more....look through Tacobills post on them and you decide if you want to do them yourself.
+1, don't bother with the billet plates.

I plan on doing the install myself, from the looks of it two important parts are making sure NOTHING gets in the heads, and torqueing down the intake properly.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:34 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i would say you'll be fine, doing your own.

the intake manifold bolts are only lightly
torqued down, so they loosen up very easily (this
was a worry of mine).

if taco has a write up on this, then your home free
Old 08-23-2007, 11:36 AM
jetstang
1st Gear Member

Do you really feel more power from these deleate plates?
check my sig. Will they be a good addition to what I already have?
More RWHP or not?
Thanks, Michael
Old 08-23-2007, 12:02 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Yes you should get the plates....you will get more out of plates than most since you have a full exhaust already
Old 08-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

when pushing really high rwhp ( 550rwhp +) is it best to get delete plates?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:38 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

I too am debating getting DPs...I am not too familiar with what they work best with...can someone with more experience in this category chime in and let me know if delete plates are a good decision for me? Look at my sig for my mods...thanks in advance
Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

I too am debating getting DPs...I am not too familiar with what they work best with...can someone with more experience in this category chime in and let me know if delete plates are a good decision for me? Look at my sig for my mods...thanks in advance
Are you running stock mufflers? If so, how loud is that O/R H-pipe with the stock mufflers?
Old 08-23-2007, 03:10 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

ORIGINAL: 06Saleen3V

Are you running stock mufflers? If so, how loud is that O/R H-pipe with the stock mufflers?
No stock mufflers here. Saleen has a Magnaflow system that is kind of weird, sounds good, but weird. Im gonna try my best to explain it. They have normal mufflers but the back of the mufflers has two openings, one dumps directly out of the muffler and the other is a pipe that goes out the centered-out exhaust. It sounds absolutely amazing with the o/r H-pipe. Any word on the Delete Plates though...im really curious about em!

Quick Reply: Delete plates