Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:57 AM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!

I can't wait to install them tonight!!! i'm excited i love the tone of them, never heard them in person though and videos can never do it justice....i can't wait to wake up my whole block
Old 09-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

You wont believe the sound they make, it's unreal... nice, deep and loud , again thats even without the h-pipe. yes there is a drone around 1500 rpm, kind of reminds me of driving in an older muscle car, Love that sound
You wont regret it one bit.....
Old 09-14-2007, 10:21 AM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

i payed a little more becuase i did get the borlas but I wanted them asap. I really can't wait. I'm keeping the factory mid pipe for now, the cops are real jerks around here and i live in a very congested area so I want to lay low for a bit and then possibly later on get either a catted prochamber or bassani high flow x pipe
Old 09-14-2007, 03:40 PM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

What is the FRPP? All I get from it is Ford Racing, what does the PP stand for?
Old 09-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Tormentor
2nd Gear Member

FRPP===FORD RACING ((PERFORMANCE PARTS))
Borla makes the exhaust for Ford Racing, Same exact ones as the BorlaStingers butsay Ford Racing on the tips instead of Borla.
I paid $529 out the door from a dealership sellingFord Racing parts
Old 09-16-2007, 09:45 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

i installed the borla's two nights ago...very deep and i still find them getting deeper and louder. My friend heard me from 3 blocks away but i don't think its that loud lol. I love the sound however i'm going to get a high flow catted bassani x pipe or catted prochamber.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:58 AM
woulduno

ORIGINAL: balli

Keep the cats! Drives me crazy people remove them from their cars. Not worth the excess emissions you're throwing into our air. I would like to have a clean air for my kids one day. I really wish it was more popular with the mustang crowd to remain smog legal. There is proofpeople can make tons of power and remain eco friendly. Is it really worth the little gains to trash our enviroment? Why not dump your used motor oil in a lake while you're at it.
Nothing personal, but the CATS are a scam on modern cars.. I have seen several cars, foreign and domestic, pass the sniff test just fine without CATS. In fact my neighbors Dodge sniffed cleaner then required! They are left over from the days when people did not maintain cars (keeping the carbs adjusted, etc). But, now a days the cars manage themselves for the most part.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:41 AM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

I would install an xpype but then I will not be able to hear the whine!
Old 12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Larmo
4th Gear Member

Posts like this make me rethink my GTA axlebacks... Stingers must sound louder and deeper, although they drone and that's a no-no.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:04 PM
acdc163
2nd Gear Member

Please dont turn us in to Al Gore
ORIGINAL: balli

Keep the cats! Drives me crazy people remove them from their cars. Not worth the excess emissions you're throwing into our air. I would like to have a clean air for my kids one day. I really wish it was more popular with the mustang crowd to remain smog legal. There is proofpeople can make tons of power and remain eco friendly. Is it really worth the little gains to trash our enviroment? Why not dump your used motor oil in a lake while you're at it.

Quick Reply: HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!