MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   basic saleen s/c ??? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/347092-basic-saleen-s-c.html)

PROMETHEUS PRIME 09-21-2007 09:32 AM

RE: basic saleen s/c ???

JDM also uses a safe tune thats prety generic. Running there tune on a dyno and adjusting always pulls more power.

07SCGT 09-21-2007 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: PROMETHEUS PRIME

JDM also uses a safe tune thats prety generic. Running there tune on a dyno and adjusting always pulls more power.
+10000

gray07gt 09-21-2007 05:22 PM

ok my plan will be to upgrade for more power. i will keep stock air box and pulley and i will upgrade with boost a pump or gt500 fuel pump and 39# injectors. i am going to take it to brenspeed and have them tune it for me.i was thinking i should get about 470hp (375rwhp)?
07scgt did you do anything else to yours for 393hp(are you a manual?)

07SCGT 09-21-2007 06:11 PM

I had the 475 HP upgrade kit installed right off the bat, came with 39# injectors, stock (modified MAF) and modified air box. I pulled 392-394RWHP in 3 consecutive runs. I am 5spd manual and this was on a stock fuel pump and 4" pulley.

sactown 09-21-2007 10:05 PM

Junk the Saleen air box and get either a C&L or Steeda. The stock box is junk.

sactown 09-21-2007 10:08 PM

dude buy the 475hp upgrade kit from Saleen, junk the air box and upgrade the fuel system. The 475 upgrade comes with everything to make 500+ rwhp if you upgrade the fuel system, and a smaller pulley.

Wanderlai 09-21-2007 10:21 PM

Questions: If I go with the Brenspeed stage 3 upgrade kit, what kind of rwhp am I looking at? Are the 39lb injectors enough or should I go 42lb? Is the kenne bell boost a pump enough or should I get the gt500 fuel pump? Is there any real differance between the Steeda CAI and the C&L racer intake? Does wheel size make a differance in hp #'s? I went from 18" Halbrand Cobra 3's to 20" chrome Saleen wheels. I want to get what I need before I even install the Saleen SC. I'm looking for @450rwhp.

07SCGT 09-21-2007 10:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Wanderlai

Questions: If I go with the Brenspeed stage 3 upgrade kit, what kind of rwhp am I looking at? Are the 39lb injectors enough or should I go 42lb? Is the kenne bell boost a pump enough or should I get the gt500 fuel pump? Is there any real differance between the Steeda CAI and the C&L racer intake? Does wheel size make a differance in hp #'s? I went from 18" Halbrand Cobra 3's to 20" chrome Saleen wheels. I want to get what I need before I even install the Saleen SC. I'm looking for @450rwhp.
I'm not sure about brenspeeds package, however I am running 470RWHP on 39# injectors, to tell you the truth I am waiting now for FI's before I do anything more to this car. I am playing a dangerous game as it is with this much power with stock clutch ad tranny. I personaly went with the gt500dual fuel pumps because eventually I want to be in the 600RWHP range after I do FI's. Wheel size will play a part inHP numbers do to the diameter of the tire. The larger the tire the slower the number of rotations. You will need at least a 3.6 pulley to make 450 at the wheels.

catalac 09-21-2007 10:37 PM

Anyone know the answer to the origonal question what kind of rear wheel hp with base 400hp Saleen with Saleen flash, all stock car other wise? This is the kit I'm leaning towards drive it for a while then look to upgrade, because the upgrade are so straight forward.

Wanderlai 09-21-2007 10:41 PM

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

ORIGINAL: Wanderlai

I'm not sure about brenspeeds package, however I am running 470RWHP on 39# injectors, to tell you the truth I am waiting now for FI's before I do anything more to this car. I am playing a dangerous game as it is with this much power with stock clutch ad tranny. I personaly went with the gt500dual fuel pumps because eventually I want to be in the 600RWHP range after I do FI's. Wheel size will play a part inHP numbers do to the diameter of the tire. The larger the tire the slower the number of rotations. You will need at least a 3.6 pulley to make 450 at the wheels.
I plan on running the 3.4 pulley