Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

mac boom tubes, Nice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Tungsten06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: mac boom tubes, Nice!!!

Well I just installedthe Boomson my Stang, which reminds me I need to change my signature. Anyways, wow what a difference. These things are downrightmean at WOT. I kind of feel slightly disoriented after driving 45 minutes from my buddie's place. Hopefully I just need to get used to them? They have a little more drone while crusing on the highway than my Flowmasters.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:55 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tungsten06GT

Well I just installedthe Boomson my Stang, which reminds me I need to change my signature. Anyways, wow what a difference. These things are downrightmean at WOT. I kind of feel slightly disoriented after driving 45 minutes from my buddie's place. Hopefully I just need to get used to them? They have a little more drone while crusing on the highway than my Flowmasters.
sound clips please???????????
Old 10-25-2007, 03:06 AM
rjd2bam

whats up all. new to the forum. just installed the boom tubes. wow. i have not had the radio on all day. i was laughing for the first couple hours i was driving around. these things are amazing. just put the pypes h pipe on order. cant wait to install that and open the boom tubes up even more.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Tungsten06GT
2nd Gear Member

Hey, did anyone else's boom tubes have blemishes on the outside where they welded the angled ends on. It's as though the welds weren't polised out or something on the sides. If they're all like that, I'll understand. But maybe the sale price at Ninosport was because of this? I don't know, but it doesn't seem right...
Old 10-25-2007, 09:53 AM
rjd2bam

yeah mine did. it doesnt really bother me though.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:22 PM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

Will someone, with a nearly stock setup,please post a sound clip of this so I can decide between Boom tubes and Pypes mid-muffler system[sm=smiley19.gif]
Old 10-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Tungsten06GT
2nd Gear Member

I will try to get a soundclip, but honestly, I'm not sure how anyone really can tell what an exhaust sounds like by a soundclip. Depending on the recording source, and then the playback, it will sound totally different. And, you can't even tell exactly how loud it is either. When I heard someone's soundclip of Flowmasters, I was amazed. Then, I went and bought the setup,and after I installed them, it didn't sound that much different than stock.

What I can say though, is that if you are looking for a setup that barks back when you hit the gas, get the boom tubes. They are only 260 bucks; you cannot go wrong with that. To me, alot of the setups sound the same on some levels, but booms are definitely different. They are loud, aggressive, everything Ninosport's website makes them out to be. To me, if someone were to describe the sound rather than post a soundclip, it would be more useful. Comparing the sound to something would help alot too. I now feel like I'm in a race car with these babies.

I'm the kind of person who wants it all or nothing. And boom tubes definitely have it all. It's a complete transformation over the stock setup. They do have mild drone when driving on the highway with the windows up, in an automatic at least, so be warned. But otherwise, they're just plain bad ***. YOU WILL GET HEAD TURNS WITH THESE!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:09 PM
rjd2bam

yeah. dont rely on sound clips. soundclips did nothing for me. and think about it. if you listen to a sound clip through crappy computer speakers your getting nothing from it. i have to agree completley with tungsten06gt. my buddy has pypes h pipe and borla axel back (which is a very nice set up) and he loves my boom tubes. hes kind of upset that mine is just as aggressive and loud as his, if not more, and i dont have an h pipe yet.

simply put. for the price. you can not go wrong. these are amazing pipes.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:10 PM
SuperSonic05
3rd Gear Member

I want something that has a deep sound, that will be a little louder at idle, and a good amount louder at WOT, and pops when slowing down in gear or when revving the engine, that does not have a drone on the highway. I don't even know if it's possible tomake my perfect exhaust
Old 10-25-2007, 03:37 PM
rjd2bam

well. say hello to your perfect exhaust. you just explained the boom tubes

Quick Reply: mac boom tubes, Nice!!!