Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

my thoughts/reflections on driving a full bolt on GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 04:39 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default my thoughts/reflections on driving a full bolt on GT

so on sunday, i got to drive my buddy's 08 GT. it has C&L CAI, diablosport tune, offroad h pipe, steeda axlebacks, udp's, 4.10's, and front swaybar removed. pretty decently modded, i think. the car ran a 13.0 with a 1.7 60' earlier in the day. we also did a little race, well more like just fooled around. 2nd gear, i started like a half second before him, went up to the middle of 4th and he never caught me; i pulled ever so slightly on him. im pretty sure its his tune, cause he can drive pretty well. then i rode in his car. felt extremely quick from the passenger seat. pulled very hard. and sounded fantastic. then he let me drive it........didn't feel like it was physically pressing my into the seat as much, but i chalk that up to the position of the seat. i missed a shift to third, which i rarely do. for some reason when i drove the car, it didn't feel nearly as fast. the throttle felt like it did stock, almost unbearable. i think the tune he got just added some fuel for the bigger maf of the C&L and thats it.

the gas and clutch feel so different; much smoother; less travel. the shifter is different, the gears feel differently spaced (physically on the shifter, not speed-wise)

i got a chance to watch him punch it from like a 20 roll in first and a powershift to second while lolligagging along next to him. i must say, if my car looks anything like that when i punch it, i will be a very happy man. its very intimidating. the car absolutely squats and just shoots forward violently. its beautiful, so musclecar-like.

anyway, he then drove my car, and was shocked at how good the throttle response was. (BRENSPEED FTMFW).........he did WOT runs, and he missed third in my car as well haha. the gears really do feel different. my car felt so goddamn fast from the passenger seat. pulled very very hard.

i think im gonna get the exhaust and hold off on gears. or maybe ill wait to see how his car feels with a proper tune.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:28 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: my thoughts/reflections on driving a full bolt on GT

TTT

64 views and no replies??
Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 PM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

i got an auto so i dont know much about stick, but is there somethin funny with the 3rd shift from the 07 to 08 or is that just a coincidence that you both missed it in eachothers cars??
Old 10-16-2007, 09:44 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

tranny tends to roll under load and thus you miss the shift from 2nd to 3rd.....torq limiters and brace will eliminate that
Old 10-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

You pulled on him and he had gears?

Uhm, sounds like driver mod?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

You pulled on him and he had gears?

Uhm, sounds like driver mod?
i was shocked. maybe it was because i started a fraction of a second before him, but i really think it's his tune. he definetly didn't beat me though. i know he can drive. i mean, he got a 1.7 60' on stock suspension. i think thats decent to say the least. but in between shifts, i pulled on him marginally. my car has been feeling super super strong lately.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:35 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

a 1.7 60' resulting with a 13.0 ET....wtf??? what tune is he running?
Old 10-16-2007, 11:45 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acstone7

a 1.7 60' resulting with a 13.0 ET....wtf??? what tune is he running?
a super super ****ty diablo tune that was custom made but rushed through. its total garbage. it was running super super rich up top, and he can't change the settings, because the'yre locked out.

i can't talk though. i got a 2.00 on drag radials resulting in a 13.455[:@]
please tell me theres a learning curve for drag radials[:@][:@]
Old 10-17-2007, 12:28 AM
GrabberO07

Something sounds wierd here..... It has to be cutting out on the top end. 1.7 60ft with his bolt ons should have put him around a 12.6-12.7 ET. But it also depends on his shift points. Street racing doesnt determine whos car is faster...thats reserved for the track...and at the track hes faster... .4 tenths faster to be exact.. thats about a car length he has on you at the end of the track...but again his 60ft insured his faster ET. What gears are you running as compared to him? Does he or you have longtubes? Any dyno results? what mods do you have?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:32 AM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]

a super super ****ty diablo tune that was custom made but rushed through. its total garbage. it was running super super rich up top, and he can't change the settings, because the'yre locked out.

i can't talk though. i got a 2.00 on drag radials resulting in a 13.455[:@]
please tell me theres a learning curve for drag radials[:@][:@]

[/quote]

No kidding last visit to the track i was still having a tough time really getting the MT ET streets to bite and go. my best run to date is a 13.159 @ 106.5 w/ a 1.977 60' which is a piece of $hit60 in my opinion. i need 12's. this was before the d/s, CMDPs and 4.10s tho...

Quick Reply: my thoughts/reflections on driving a full bolt on GT