Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Side Exhaust w/Kooks Headers

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 10:17 PM
jdroth50
1st Gear Member

Default Side Exhaust w/Kooks Headers

Am I going to have to just buy the sideskirts from Cervini or BBR and have custom piping done? Or is there a system that is compatible with my headers?
Old 11-08-2007, 11:06 PM
PiggySmallz
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Side Exhaust w/Kooks Headers

i know a guy on moddedmustangs was running kooks with cervini kit. His name on there is Emay i haven't been on there in awhile though so i dont know if he still posts. Nice guy though he'd all of answer your questions.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:19 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Any of the LT's should be fine with a side exhaust. Some custom piping might have to be done but the Cervinis mustangs get JBA LT's with the C500 series mustangs. Its on their website. You should have no problems. Make sure it is a good custom exhaust place just in case there are some hiccups in the install of the bolt on exhaust. The side skirts should be fine as well. Hope it helps. J
Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
jdroth50
1st Gear Member

Thanks for your help. I was pretty sure it would work, but wasn't entirely sure how the geometry worked out underneath since I swapped to headers AND the catted-x pipe. I told myself I wasn't going to do anything cosmetic to my car so I could keep the "sleeper" look, but that side exhaust looks waaaaay too bad a$$.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Nelsta21
1st Gear Member

Be careful about thinking you can just through on those side skirts. it is going to look very off balance with a stock front and rear. They hang a bit lower, so you will want to add at least a chin spoiler. Even then I think it looks off balance, I say if you are going to do cosmetic mods they should look clean.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:28 PM
jdroth50
1st Gear Member

I totally agree about not wanting it to look off balance. But look at the pic in my sig. Aren't the skirts going to replace the ones that are already there?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:06 PM
allj
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

Any of the LT's should be fine with a side exhaust. Some custom piping might have to be done but the Cervinis mustangs get JBA LT's with the C500 series mustangs. Its on their website. You should have no problems. Make sure it is a good custom exhaust place just in case there are some hiccups in the install of the bolt on exhaust. The side skirts should be fine as well. Hope it helps. J
+1

The Cervinis or the BBR Side exhaust will be a few inch lower then the skirts you currently have.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:24 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

The skirts will replace the stock ones but they are lower to accomadate the side exit exhaust. I have a pic that will give you an idea but remember that the rear valance and the front bumper were replaced as well and are much lower. This one shows how low the front bumper is on stock shocks & struts.

Here is a side view before lowering the rear with stock shocks

ORIGINAL: jdroth50

I totally agree about not wanting it to look off balance. But look at the pic in my sig. Aren't the skirts going to replace the ones that are already there?
Old 11-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Wally39
4th Gear Member

Awesome looking car you have there!
Old 11-10-2007, 08:23 AM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

The Kook's LTs are fine too. For quite a while when Cervini started the C-Series they used the Kook's Long Tubes and x-pipe. Their catback uses or used Magnaflow mufflers. that's what I have on my car with no problems. -Joe

Quick Reply: Side Exhaust w/Kooks Headers