Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

*yawn* Good morning from bum**** Indiana!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:58 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Default *yawn* Good morning from bum**** Indiana!

Hey everybody.. I'm here, made it in one piece, posting from the free WiFi in the hotel. Got in around 11 PM last night, JUST in time for Ruby Tuesday's next to the hotel to close.. That means no bar within walking distance. [:@]

Anyhow, Dave (the installer) form Brenspeed came down and picked my baby up from the hotel at 7am. I had some breakfast then went back to bed.

Seth just called and made a convincing argument on some additional stuff, so I am also having them install an oversized water pump pulley (wraps the belt tighter on the supercharger snout to prevent slippage) - $40, Hood Struts - $98, and a boost gauge - $130. Those prices are installed prices. Oh yeah, and a full synthetic Royal Purple oil change for $60, because it's due. LOL

The boost gauge (silver face to match the dash) - I'm having it mounted in the left-hand center AC vent. I don't want an a-pillar pod since it's a 'vert, and I don't want to drill holes in the dash (even though Shelby makes anAWESOME center dash gauge pod). I want this entire process to be reversible in case I ever decide to sell/trade the car.

The drive in was fine, I averaged maybe 75, and did it in just under 7 hours, including 3 stops for gas/water/munchies. After I got here, I went out and found a local watering hole (since Ruby Tuesdays was closed), and when I came out, guess what my car was doing? [:@][:@] Turns out I need to take it to the dealer for the E-brake TSB that was discussed on here a couple days ago.. It was THAT cold that the e-brake froze in like 20 minutes. Bastards. Luckily I didn't have it set HARD, so it was still driveable. Also, thankfully, it came loose after about a mile. So I told Dave not to set the e-brake, and I'll just have to not use the e-brake until I get it home, and then I'll have to take it in for the TSB. I know, I know, search, but if anyone happens to know the TSB number off the top of their hear and would care to post it in here, it would be GREATLY appreciated..

I am also having Brent do a "valet" tune for me for when I take it to the dealership.. Rev limiter @ 3k, governor at 45 mph. LOL Let the dealer try takin my supercharged baby for a joyride then!

Anywho.. I gotta go jump in the shower. Brent will be here @ noon to pick me up and do lunch, and then head to the shop. They are also going to dyno the car for me, I'm so excited. This is my first boosted car, and first car I ever put on a dyno.. YAY!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:02 AM
white07
4th Gear Member

Default RE: *yawn* Good morning from bum**** Indiana!

thats awesome man. So you drove 7 hours and stayed in a hotel while they install the s/c for you. Damn thats crazy. good luck on the #s. How much hp are you hoping/ wanting?
Old 01-18-2008, 10:09 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Stayed in a hotel that Brenspeed paid for.

They advertise 485 flywheel HP with what I'm having done. I'll have an ACTUAL dyno sheet when I leave though, so I'm figuring somewhere around 410-420 after drivetrain loss. I'll be happy with anything over 400 though. Since it's a conertible, it's not going to be a track monster (don't want to cage a 'vert - looks dumb), this is purely for my enjoyment, and perhaps to whoop up on a few unsuspecting guys around town.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:13 AM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

Thats cool.My drive in to Brenspeed was fine too. I averaged 110 MPH but tried to keep under 80 when going through the tollbooths.
I drove 4 hours and stayed at the hotel to have him dyno tune my car. Then I did it again when he installed nitrous on the 91 fox and dyno tuned that one.
I drove my car to his shop and stayed there to watch though We were there from 8AM to 6 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:16 AM
navyscott
1st Gear Member

Glad you made it safely, and in pretty good time too. Keep us posted (pun intended).
I already have quite a shopping list put together for my visit (which I wish could be MUCH sooner). I don't really think I left them much to talk me into. lol
Old 01-18-2008, 10:20 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

I would've gone faster, but there was some light rain. LOL

When Brent picks me up @ noon, we are doing lunch, then going back to the shop, where I'm going to watch the back half of the install (front half was mostly tear-down, I'd think, so the back-half is the interesting part), and the dyno.

But now I REALLY gotta get in the shower, so bye!! LOL
Old 01-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

Did the same thing! Drove 10hrs from Maryland for the supercharger installation. I'm from Indiana so I have family and didn't need the hotel stay. But it was well worth the drive....can't beat Brenspeed. Let us know how it turns out and show us your numbers.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:09 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Sounds like fun. My town has the same name, just in Colorado. I just did 2.5 hours with Dell getting the wireless conection speed up from 5.5 Mbps to 54 Mbps. That was fun. Now, it's like the page opens before I even get thekey all the way pushed down. Anyway, have fun and have a safe trip back.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:23 AM
kcmarti
2nd Gear Member

TSB 0654. Took mine in on this isue yesterday - $58 for the dealer to look at it, said it was $335 for parts (both e-brake cables), didn't ask about labor cost.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:46 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

It's not nice to talk bad about the Hoosier state, its a beautiful state, just not alot to do where your at. Movie theater up the road and a pretty damn good hamburger place called Schoops or something. You should get an easy 400 at the wheels. Sounds like you had decent weather, and made good time. You must live in the western portion of New York State. You really should be crapping your pants when they get done.

Quick Reply: *yawn* Good morning from bum**** Indiana!