Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Mods, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 03:23 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: First Mods, what to do?

Go straight for the supercharger !!! Whipple IMO !!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:28 PM
jlaurens06gt
2nd Gear Member

all the little things add up. not that you shouldn't do some of them(its your car man! do what you want)but if you believe you will goSC (or any FI), then start with the end in mind. no UPD, no CMDP, and CAI w/tune not likely to work with an SC, so that is money you would be spending twice...also headersand full exhaust are spendy and don't add as much power as SC, so with limited $ these might be rated lower on the list. if you don't like the exhaust note, then find the Official S197 Exhaust thread using 'search' and figure out what AB you want.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:05 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the great info! A few questions now:

- I think the SC is going to happen, I need to read up on the different models a little more to pickt he right one for me, but the Whipple is something I keeping reading a lot about. So with that in mind, if the SC goes first for the performance mods, then what is the next thing to do? I think I'm going to go with new AB's, I found the thread mentioned above and am going to listen to all of them and choose the one I like the best. What is everyone's thoughts on the Boom Tube AB?

- In terms of apperance mods, the new grille will be ordered shortly and the windows tinted. Does anyone know anything about the laws in Michigan and tinting? Also the antenna delete mod will be done, I can do the body work myself with a friend, so the cost will be kept lower than $500that way.

- Are the any other apperance mods that are decent for a convertible? What about a new front bumper? Or would that look stupid no a convertible? If not, what are the best choices and a good places to get them unpainted from (I can have a friend do the painting)? Maybe paint/powder coat the valve covers?

- What other performance mods are a good choice, keeping in mind that a SC will be put in first?

Anything else you guys can think of out there? Performance wise or apperance wise? Some easy apperance mods would be sweet.

Let me know, thanks again! Next time I am out at my Mom's where the car is being stored for the winter I will snap some pics!

Nick
Old 02-06-2008, 07:42 AM
jlaurens06gt
2nd Gear Member

info on forced induction, Turbo, Super and Nitrous explained:
http://www.lextreme.com/Turbo.htm

if you are going to be adding all that power in an SC you might want to continue down that path andget it to the ground....there are some suspension mods that you can implement to help that, with or without lowering. (LCA, UCA, etc), one-piece (high HP rated) DS, new rubber

lots of appearance: rims, hoods, light bar, rear spoiler, lighting, and the list goes on

check out the 'HOW TO' mods section:
https://mustangforums.com/m_3061754/tm.htm
and
https://mustangforums.com/m_2230983/tm.htm

should give you some good ideas

Old 02-06-2008, 08:53 AM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, I will take a look at those threads!

One other quick question, if you were to just do the CAI and tube, what type of horse power gain are you talking about adding to an otherwise stock car? Just wondering the price to horsepower gain compared to the SC.

Thanks,

Nick