Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bamachips?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:39 PM
AlloyGT281

Default Bamachips?

I am looking into getting a cai and tune and more than likely going to replace the headers back. I have heard that dougs tunes are better for an auto than the ones from brenspeed, but bamachips doesn't carry the steeda cai. I was also wanting to save some money and get the tuner and cai in a package and brenspeed has the package. Another thing is that bamachips upgrades their tunes for free if u get another mod and i thought that was important. Are the bamachips tunes really that much better than others for auto's or should i just go ahead and get the package deal from brenspeed?

feel free to give any suggestions
Old 03-06-2008, 10:50 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Bamachips?

the CAI makes some difference, but not a ton, the gains are going to be the same pretty much with the C&L or the Steeda. Now i am not saying an ebay no name CAI would perform the same, but the steeda and C&L would
Old 03-07-2008, 07:54 AM
brad281
4th Gear Member

It's all mainly a personal preference. Tuners, tunes, and intakes. I like my Brenspeed and theres a ton of others who like their bamas. You'll find a lot of good things about both. Doug could still get you a tune for the steeda, just pick one up first from someone else and then order your tuner from him. If looking for a used one, watch out for the warped ends. Doug seems to be better at updating tunes for free. brenspeed will give you a free revised tune if you order an upgrade part from them that requires a new tune. You should be satisfied with either of the tunes. if not, you can always place an order for a single tune file down the road and feel the other one out.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:22 PM
AlloyGT281

thanks guys
Old 03-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

A updated tune file is only $50 so its not a deal breaker unless you constantly change the combo.
Really about the only thing that will require a tune change are CMCV Deletes, Internal Mods, Power Adder, Different MAF, or Fuel Pump. Just make sure Brent disables therear O2 sensors if you may use an ORH or ORX later.

If you prefer Bama and Steeda then Doug may be able to handle it if you give him a call.
Just because its not on site doesnt mean he cant get it. He would price match with Brenspeed most likely.

Gear Ratio or Tire Sizeyou can change yourself in the user adjustable options.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:24 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I have both Brenspeed and Bamachips tunes on my XCal device, and I run the Bamachips 'race tune'. I like it much better than the Brenspeed tunes... this is not to say the Brenspeed tunes were "bad", I just prefer the Bamachips tune.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:36 AM
AlloyGT281

that would be good if bamachips would price match with brenspeed on the steeda stuff cause i was leaning towards them anyways.

ORIGINAL: Mudflap

I have both Brenspeed and Bamachips tunes on my XCal device, and I run the Bamachips 'race tune'. I like it much better than the Brenspeed tunes... this is not to say the Brenspeed tunes were "bad", I just prefer the Bamachips tune.
i have heard this same thing from several people. Can u tell what ur gas mileage did when u installed the race tune??
Old 03-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Gene K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AlloyGT281

that would be good if bamachips would price match with brenspeed on the steeda stuff cause i was leaning towards them anyways.

ORIGINAL: Mudflap

i have heard this same thing from several people. Can u tell what ur gas mileage did when u installed the race tune??
Since I have a stick I cant say how much this helps:

JLT II CAI + Mail Order Bama 93 Race Tune

The following assumes you drive like Grandma:
MPG Stock - 19 Mpg City, 28 mpg @ 65 mph, 26 mpg @ 70 mph, .
MPG with Bama 93 Race Tune - 20 mpg City, 30 mpg @ 65 mph, 28 mpg @ 70 mph.

Performance Improvement:
Roughly 4/10 and 3 mph.

BestCorrected Times to try to compare apples to oranges:
Stock 13.35 @ 103.52
CAI/Tune 12.93 @ 106.58

I have seen an Auto Car pick up 6/10and4 mph with just the CAI/Tune:
13.8 @ 101 mph to 13.2 @ 105 mph. I dont know how representative this is.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:37 PM
AlloyGT281

thanks gene...i was just worried about the race tune being so aggressive that it would throw my mpg's down the drain.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

I am ordering my Diablo predator and race tune from Bamachips tonight!!

Quick Reply: Bamachips?