Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 11:04 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Default Brenspeed

This has already been asked and yes I did use search, And if someone has the exact link let me know. I was gonna do the Whipple but because cant because my wife is worried about how my driving skills are gonna be after I get out of rehab because of my legs and reaction time which im cool with. I was told that the money will still be there when the time comes and she let me get some other items due to my disappointment of not buy the supercharger. Any on too my question I know brenspeed offers the Xcal2 with whatever intake you chose but can someone just tell me what tunes they have so when I call I dont have to go over them and I can just tell them. I do have 87 and 93 in va beach but would like to have 91 tune as well because im stuck in chicago for now. Thanks all for the help
Old 03-11-2008, 11:06 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeed

Oh yeah forgot to say when the xpipe boomtubes, and headers were installed it kinda threw an error code... and for all who own boomtubes I havent even been able to hear them[:@]
Old 03-11-2008, 11:13 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed can qrite codes for whatever octane you want. 87, 89, 91, 92, 93, 94, 100, blah blah.. You get to pick three. Just call him up and tell him what you want, you'll be happy as can be!!

One word of advice - if you're 100% sure you're going with a Whipple, I wouldn't bother with a CAI/tune.. You won't be able to use either of them when you get the whipple, since the TB isn't in the stock location and you'll have to use Whipple's intake system. So, it'll be money "wasted"..

Personally, I'd put it into suspensino mods to help you with your impending traction issues..
Old 03-11-2008, 11:18 AM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

due to the severity(spelling) injury of my legs I think I may wait a year. I had a lead foot before I went to Iraq and even though I was hurt I dont think that will change any. I dont think 600 bucks or whatever it is for the cai/tune will be a waste if I use it for a year????
Old 03-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Powder_Coating_Pros

I have the brenspeed package. C&L intake and SCT with dyno tunes. I love it and woke up the car!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:53 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Contact Brenspeed and tell Brent or Dave what your wanting to do, I wouldn't be completely set on the Whipple. The Saleen S/C is a very nice unit also. With the Saleen you could get the Saleen Extreme Inlet tube now along with the SCT and tunes. Later on Brent will give you free tunes for your S/C if you go with the Saleen. The Extreme Inlet tube works well with the Saleen S/C. When you call Brent or Dave tell him what codes you are throwing with the headers and boomtubes, they can probably help you out. The Saleen is a nice unit, I put down 438 rwhp with the 3.4, 467 rwhp with the 3.2 and 493 rwhp with the NSR cams. The real benefit is working with someone that test every part they sell. They are among the best in the country. If you're in the Chicago area you are really close to them. They're located in Northern Indiana, should be a relatively short drive.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 PM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: whatdaproblemis0

due to the severity(spelling) injury of my legs I think I may wait a year. I had a lead foot before I went to Iraq and even though I was hurt I dont think that will change any. I dont think 600 bucks or whatever it is for the cai/tune will be a waste if I use it for a year????
Well, I guess that depends on how important $600 is to you. True, you'll get some enjoyment out of it for that year, but if you go with the whipple, it'll be useless when you get the SC..

Like PhatPhil said.. The Saleen is a quality unit as well. I'm not trying to sell you on any particular brand of anything, because this thread wasn't even about FI.. But, if you go with the Saleen rig from Brenspeed, you can get the Steeda CAI/tune, and then when you buy the Saleen Stage <whatever> kit from them, they'll give you a discount because you already own those parts (The Saleen keeps the TB in the stock location, err, well, close enough to it that youc an still use whatever CAI floats your boat).

Up to you.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I have the C&L and brenspeed and it rocks! I'm strapped for cash and I still think buying the intake would not be a waste for a year. Defintely worth the enjoyment plus it's not like you have to throw it out, you can see it on ebay for half EASY.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Saleen#468
2nd Gear Member

if you installed an o/r X pipe that would explain your error code. when you get your tune they can turn off you o2 sensors.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:18 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the help, As for the whipple Ive heard the whine in person and I can for sure say its the best sound that god could create. 600 bucks is ok for me cause ill take anything at this point will turning of o2 sensors make me fail my inspection at the dmv? from VA by the way. Does the steeda and sct put out like the C & L? or they all pretty much the same from what I heard.

Quick Reply: Brenspeed