Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Lethal Performance: First to test the Zone 5 Performance MDM!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:15 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default Lethal Performance: First to test the Zone 5 Performance MDM!!

Lethal Performance is proud to announce that we were the first to test the all new Zone 5 Performance MDM Mega Driver Module on an 05+ S197. The testing was done on our shop GT500 and tuned by Justin Starkey of VMP Tuning Inc.

Testing went very well. The installation of the module was very easy and the car started right up. It was able to handle the stock pumps over 700rwhp with a low 90% duty cycle. We saw a slight decrease in duty cycle over the stock FPDM's but most importantly it was able to do it's job which means we're now able to effectively add a 3rd pump into the mix!! Just in time for the new Fore Precision Works 05+ Triple Pump Fuel Hat and then soon to follow 03-04 Cobra Triple Pump hat.

If any of you guys have a hard time understanding what this is I'll make it as easy as possible. The pumps are driven by FPDM's (Fuel pump driver modules). On the GT500 there are 2 FPDM's. 1 FPDM per pump. That means that if you wanted to add an additional pump you'd have to make a new FPDM harness with a 3rd connection. The problem is that Ford does not sell the connectors or pigtails for the 05+ cars separately. So if you wanted to add another pump into the mix you'd have to purchase an entire GT500 fuel system from Ford Racing ($700-750) to get the pieces you need to make the 3rd pump/module possible.

The MDM is a single box which you input the signal from 1 of your FPDM's and then the box has an output from 1-3 pumps. The electronics inside the MDM box are also of a higher quality and have a higher resistance to them then the stock modules. The stock module can only handle a draw of about 20amps where as the MDM module allows for up to 35amps per pump. This give us the ability to swap out the stock pumps for a much stronger pump such as the Ford GT pump. If you're unfamiliar with the Ford GT pump it's the one used in the 05-06 Ford GT or otherwise GT40 which uses the best performing direct replacement fuel pump for a returnless style fuel system.

I know for some it might be a little ahead of you but for the guys looking to run stronger and faster and keep making your way to higher Hp levels this is the tool which will help us get there and allow us to deliver the fuel needed to do so.

Thanks for checking this out and if you guys have any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks, Jared

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 768x1024.[/align]
Old 03-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Lethal Performance: First to test the Zone 5 Performance MDM!!

I have the dual GT40 pump setup from you guys right now. Can i get this to work on mine somehow?