Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Update to She Just Died

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

Default Update to She Just Died

Well, the Ford dealer called this afternoon and said I need a new throttle body. Oh, and they won't warranty it because of the Saleen SC I installed. I didn't even want to get into that with them. Ya gotta pay if ya wanna play.

Anyway, they wanted $550 parts and labor. $336 for the part I think. I said don't do amything, I'll pick it. I drove it home without any problems. I haven't looked up the codes yet but they were P2105, P2106 and P2135. Could be a loose plug or something for all I know but I'd want to make sure before I just swap out a good part.

If it is indeed the throttle body I think I can replace that myself. Hell I installed th SC myself. Luckily I have back up transportaion.

Anybody else have a TB go bad on them?
Old 03-20-2008, 12:14 PM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Update to She Just Died

yes you can...buy a bbk or gt500////all you have to do it tune it afterwards
Old 03-20-2008, 02:07 PM
BFMacias
2nd Gear Member

I would not buy the BBK. I had a tune and all that shizzle and still had problems with it.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:11 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

First thing I would do is take it off and clean it out good with brake cleaner. It's easy to remove, hell you removed it allready once.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Screamin Yellow 06

Well, the Ford dealer called this afternoon and said I need a new throttle body. Oh, and they won't warranty it because of the Saleen SC I installed. I didn't even want to get into that with them. Ya gotta pay if ya wanna play.

Anyway, they wanted $550 parts and labor. $336 for the part I think. I said don't do amything, I'll pick it. I drove it home without any problems. I haven't looked up the codes yet but they were P2105, P2106 and P2135. Could be a loose plug or something for all I know but I'd want to make sure before I just swap out a good part.

If it is indeed the throttle body I think I can replace that myself. Hell I installed th SC myself. Luckily I have back up transportaion.

Well, what's sad is I believe Ford Still honors the warranty for 12,000miles or 1 year if the Saleen was installed by an authorized Saleen installer/dealer. If you did an SC, a TB is cake walk.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:54 PM
TDC71
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: Screamin Yellow 06

Well, what's sad is I believe Ford Still honors the warranty for 12,000miles or 1 year if the Saleen was installed by an authorized Saleen installer/dealer. If you did an SC, a TB is cake walk.
+1
Old 03-20-2008, 06:05 PM
xxdmxx
2nd Gear Member

***EDIT***

P2105 Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Engine Shutdown
P2106 Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited Power
P2135 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "A" / "B" Voltage Correlation

File can be found at http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...odes-dtcs.html
Old 03-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Screamin Yellow 06
1st Gear Member

Well, the funny thing is that since that happened it hasn't happened again. This evening driving to the store the check engine light went off by itself as well (wasn't reset by the dealer). I guess I'm gonna wait and see how it goes. If it happens again or gets worse I'll get a new one.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:18 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

If it truly is a bad TB, just but the GT500 one with adapter plate.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:25 PM
ybnormal
2nd Gear Member

Recheck your wiring. esp your grounding. I had a loose wire rform my computer that goes to a bolt that is on the passenger side of the car on the rail that the radiater is on that was loose. mind you and my car would just shut down, spit out some codes then be ok for a while. Once i was doing 60 in a curve a switched from high beams to low beams and the car shut down, had to turn the lights off to get it to restart. another time the car would run ok until I turned anything on the dash besides the radio. then it got worse. anyway good luck I know the feeling of not trusting your ride.

Quick Reply: Update to She Just Died