Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:36 PM
pats27fan

Default Help Please!!

Hey guys it would really help me if you guys can tell me a few things..Im about to order my C&L CAI and Xcal 3( 3 is good right)? Well im not a big gear headso could you tell me

Where do i find the Calibration code?
Tire Size???
Axel Code???
If its any help i have a 06 GT Premium, with the Z tires

Thanks guys
Old 04-02-2008, 07:35 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Help Please!!

When you say calibration code, I assume you mean the code that's on the little white label of your PCM. It's on that black and silver box thingy next to your windshield washer reservoir (at least that's where it is on my '07). I believe Brenspeed's website has a picture showing where to find it.

Tire size: Go to the tiremanufacturer's website or to tirerack.com for tire spec info. Typically, when you order a tune, the vendor just needs the tire size off the sidewall (i.e, 235/50/18).

The axel code can be found on the data plate on the inside of the driver's door frame and, if you crawl under the rear, it should be labeled on the rear axle pinion case. It should also be on the window sticker (i.e. 3.55, 3.73)

I have no experience with the Xcal3. I have the Xcal2.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:17 AM
07cspony
3rd Gear Member

I have the xCal3 and have had no problem with it. I have seen threads some time ago stating that some have had problems with the 3 but not sure what the issue was. I've used mine several times and it has always performed as advertised...no problems what so ever.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

i've got an Xcal2. like07cspony said, i saw a few threads about some problems with the 3, but that was a while back and i haven't heard of anything else recently.

btw, the pats rock [8D]