Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Nitrous Install

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 02:13 AM
XX07GTXX

Default Nitrous Install

Hey everybody, I have been doing a lot of research and I've decided to put a ZEX kit in my car. I was hoping to run a 125 shot from Brenspeed and do it just how they show on their website. I was wondering though if anyone could send me some pictures on the install and let me know what they did with the switches. I plan on having a bottle heater and a purge valve and have no idea where to put everything. I am very new to using Nitrous Oxide and any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. My only mods are a C&L CIA with SCT X2 and Mac axlebacks. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:51 AM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous Install

Are you going to add a window switch also? SOS makes a real nice switch panel that fits in the cupholder. If you plan on going 125 shot for a while, better at least switch out to some colder plugs and possibly a new brenspeed tune for it. Otherwise stick to the 75 or 100.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:00 PM
XX07GTXX

Ok, ya I thought about doing that and I'm definitly getting a window switch. I plan on having my mustang for a couple of years and don't have the money to get a supercharger (gotta pay for school), but want some nice power. Do you know anywhere I could get some good install pics?
Old 04-15-2008, 07:13 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Do a search on this site. I think it was a username harvey? Not exactly sure. Under our s197 forums search for exhaust cutouts and nitrous install at brenspeed. He had a whole bunch of pics of his nitrous setup in his jlt.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Ironically, I am in the same boat as you are and I am waiting for my zex kit to arrive. In the meantime I have been researching for website that offer installs and I've came across a few good articles:

Zex.com
Once you load up the home page you will notice in the purple side bar that it has a button that says "articles about zex"> There you will find two good articles: "Zex Machine" and "Muscling up an 05 Mustang EFI Wet Nitrous Install"

5.0 Mustang
Spray Pattern <click

I am still on the fences on where and how I am gonna install the switches. I definitely like the SOS panels... I will have four switches...arm, purge, bottle opener, and heater.

Hope this helps,
Old 04-15-2008, 08:41 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Darkness, I had enough cash saved up, but had some big bills I had to cover. I was saving up for the whole zex kit. Purge, window switch, bottle heater, remote bottle opener,etc. The parts of the install I was worried about was all the wires you need to run. Not an electrical guy by any means. That sos cupholder panel looks great. Can get custom engraved also. Once you start adding up all the accessories that kit gets real expensive, real fast.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Yea I hear ya on that. I was hesitant to go the N20 route, but I picked the kit up for $300 w/ a purge, and all I had to buy was the 05+ fuel rail adapter ($51 from Zex #82035) to make it work...so I was sorta plunged into haha The only pieces I am lacking as of now is a bottle heater and window switch. I figure I would have some fun with it until I can afford the whipple...
Old 04-16-2008, 08:47 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

I used the zex kit before I got my KB. I left it installed when I had my KB with my stock motor and when I swapped motors I hooked it back up. Now I'm spraying my 5.4L and Eaton blower. It's a nice little bump!!

SO you never know, you put the spray on it and you may want to just keep it![8D]
Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 AM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

I used the zex kit before I got my KB. I left it installed when I had my KB with my stock motor and when I swapped motors I hooked it back up. Now I'm spraying my 5.4L and Eaton blower. It's a nice little bump!!

SO you never know, you put the spray on it and you may want to just keep it![8D]
Very true, you gotta a good point there. 5.4 huh? damn I bet that runs and sounds pretty wicked!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:43 AM
kcmarti
2nd Gear Member

Rookie N2O question here:

What is a window switch and what does it do? I assume we are talking about some sort of switch that works with N2O and not the windows.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Install