Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Brenspeed Huh?

Old 04-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Baby John

Default Brenspeed Huh?

I retuned my wifes car back to stock last night. That was a piece of cake. I had no idea tuning a car was so easy. Took it for a test drive and noticed a huge difference in performance. The car feels allot slower with the factory tune. I knew it would be different but I had no idea how much of an improvement a tune would make.

Now I've got to find a tune that works with the K&N Filter cause I'm definitely wanting the power back.

I'm also now much more interested in getting a tune for my '06 Sierra Denali.

Any advice on specific tunes? I know Brenspeed was recommended at least once or twice.

Am I correct in thinking I can buy this program and have it emailed to me? Then just plug the Diablo into my laptop and download it as a custom tune to the diablo, then load it onto the car?
Old 04-25-2008, 08:05 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Brenspeed Huh?

As far as I know, brenspeed tunes are not compatible with the Diablo tuner, only SCT.

On the other hand, bamachips.com works with the Diablo, and their tunes are amazing.
And you should get a different intake for your wife (JLT, C&L, etc..), those perform better.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:34 AM
plutnicki
2nd Gear Member

For the Denali, you should look into Wester's Garage:

http://www.westersales.com/

I had a PCM swapout from him in my '03 Denali, and it killed!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Baby John

ORIGINAL: plutnicki

Way ahead of you. Butch has already schooled me on what PCM tune I need. Just got other irons in the fire right now.

A house recently came up for sale in my little country neighborhood and I have to buy it to keep any undesireables out. Gonna put me in a little crunch for a little while.

When you say it Killed, does that mean that it broke down, or is that slang for saying a really bad *** upgrade.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:25 AM
plutnicki
2nd Gear Member

Slang.

Butch is a great guy (I actually went to his house for a reprogram, rather than the
swapout) and the tune was great.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:33 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you need to talk to Bama since you have diablo
Old 04-25-2008, 11:37 AM
xxDerek
3rd Gear Member

[/quote] Baby John

Way ahead of you. Butch has already schooled me on what PCM tune I need. Just got other irons in the fire right now.

A house recently came up for sale in my little country neighborhood and I have to buy it to keep any undesireables out. Gonna put me in a little crunch for a little while.

When you say it Killed, does that mean that it broke down, or is that slang for saying a really bad *** upgrade.
[/quote]

[>:] thats pretty interesting....
Old 04-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Back N Black
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Baby John

I'm still trying to buy my first house so I can be an undesireable...quit screwing that up for me
Old 04-25-2008, 12:10 PM
Starfire
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Back N Black

ORIGINAL: Baby John

I'm still trying to buy my first house so I can be an undesireable...quit screwing that up for me
Amen!
Old 04-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Baby John

Well, I figured I was gonna get some comments out of that. To explain....I live on some family land way out in the country. I grew up on this land, and my brother lives right across the road. My closest neighbor is at least 1/4 mile in either direction. Then another 1/4 mile to the next neighbor. All of my neighbors also grew up in this part of the country, and their parents did to. It's a nice quiet little country place. Except of course when we throw a party, and then all the neighbors are at my house so there's no one to complain about noise.

A few years ago, a little 1 acre lot was sold. And then it was sold again, and again and now the occupant has a little 40 yr old mobile home parked beside the road. They've added on to it over the years a few times. Some of the additions are still standing while some of them have rotted down. Needless to say these folks were not good carpenters.

In the yard is 3 or 4 junk vehicles and transmissions and motors. They have 3 or 4 little kids who prefer to play in the road rather than in their yard. Have to be really careful passing by because you never know when they'll be outside playing.

They have 4 or 5 mixbreed mangey dogs. Mean, pit bull mixes.

They have company over and they stand around the tailgates with a big fire burning in an old rusty barrell 1/2 full of beer cans and bottles.

Don't get me wrong. I love all that stuff, but I'm not too crazy about having them live next to me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brenspeed Huh?