Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Muffler Delete...straight Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 05:05 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Muffler Delete...straight Pipe

[/quote]

quick question...

in two of those videos it said "Pypes Muffler Delete".....so what does that mean? no mufflers and just straight pipes made by Pypes? does it affect the sound with different types of straight pipes or is it all the same?

and when you do the muffler delete...is it just no mufflers and a crome or stainless steel pipe that extends out the back or is there more involved?

I ask this just because I want to do it right the first time..

[/quote]

I have the Pypes muffler deletes on my 07 GT and I'm just waiting for the car to cool down to remove them. It's not so much the volume that bothers me (although they are VERY loud) it's the tone of the exhaust and the drone in the cabin. Also, the quality is not the best in my opinion.

First off, the passenger side tailpipewas lower than the driver's side, I had that fixed by cutting the pipe support and welding it back again, but now it's hitting something. Also, thetips that came with the kit are too widefor the pipes so they don't look right if clamped on.

People here seem to like the boomtubes a lot so I suggest you look into thatrather than going with the pypes.

Now off I go to put the stock mufflers back on.....
Old 07-06-2008, 05:29 PM
mynameismike65
4th Gear Member

OK to clear this up for you becuase your getting alot of not straight forward answers. Pypes muffler delete is just a tail pipe that replaces your muffler. SLP LM (loud mouth) are the same thing as the pypes muffler delete. These are just tail pipes that replace your mufflers. The SLP's are more expensive then the Pypes but look better IMO. If you were to cut off your mufflers and weld up tips it would be cheaper......unless you wanted to change out the tips for mufflers down the road. Yes the Pypes, SLP, and hack job will all sound the same. There is also boomtubes which are basically muffler deletes but there is metal perferations for a lack of a better word that clean up the sound. A little less loud (still loud non the less) but less raspy. Or consider a whole new avenue if you want loud. Try some mufflers like Borla and an O/R midpipe.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:36 PM
chabbz182
1st Gear Member

Sounds good as long as you have the cats on otherwise yuck