Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shifting problem fixed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 03:33 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Default Shifting problem fixed!

Finally after almost a year and having the transmission remove 7 times, the problem is fixed. If anyone is having problems here is what I purchased and had installed.

Prothane Mounts
Mcleod Throw out bearing kit (RAM also now makes a kit)
reinstalled the Pro5.0

Car now shifts like a dream! I am expect to see a .2 to .3 drop in my 1/4 time and a 5-6mph dump in trap speed.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Yonco
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Shifting problem fixed!

My clutch happens to be slipping, and when the car is in first, foot to the floor on the clutch the car still lurches forward with a 4k rpm rev. I know theres a problem with the hydrualics of the clutch, and this may help. The car is in getting it fixed as we this past week and this week and i should probably see if i can get this on too. -Jon

EDIT: Looked it up, 496$ for a throw out bearing/ slave syl and lines. Why did you need this over a stock one? -Jon
Old 07-06-2008, 04:58 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

The stock throw out is plastic, if you are running an after market clutch the additional pressure could cause it to split and suck in air. My car was acting similiar to yours sometimes with the clutch to the floor and it in first it would just start to go. I got the bearing from Jon and Hillbish ford for 420.00 RAM also makes one that is about 100 cheaper I think Lethal Performance has those. I think the Mcleod is a little more complete kit, but then again I have not seen the RAM in person, just pictures, but did does appear to not include the steel braided line. Other than this throw kit being incredibly more beffy and all steel, it also includes a bleed line so the clutch can be bleed thus remove all the air.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

glad to hear the issue is solved!!! this could be a very good thing for use bigger power guys!
Old 07-06-2008, 06:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

So did you get the Mcleod clutch?
Old 07-07-2008, 03:24 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I dont think he did moose as the wait was too long.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:45 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

No I got tried of waiting, the last time I check on the shipping date it was pushed back until July 15th, so I said "F" it just install the Mcleod bearing kit and keep the Spec's II clutch and aluminum flywheel. Low and behold its fixed and save me $700 dollars on the clutch.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:50 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sactown, glad to hear the shifting issue
is finally gone

Old 07-07-2008, 04:06 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sactown

No I got tried of waiting, the last time I check on the shipping date it was pushed back until July 15th, so I said "F" it just install the Mcleod bearing kit and keep the Spec's II clutch and aluminum flywheel. Low and behold its fixed and save me $700 dollars on the clutch.
I thought Spec was crap? My stock slave is still working fine, but if it does fail, i'll be getting the Ram TOB.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:19 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

If my shifting problems persist, I will definently be springing for the new slave cylinder. I'm glad to hear that it worked for someone else so I don't have to be the guinea pig

Quick Reply: Shifting problem fixed!