Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Immediate Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:40 PM
mrsirawesomeness

Default Immediate Help!

The Good: Guys today I got my Kooks headers/Hi-flow cats and the H-pipe put onto my car. Let me tell you they sound amazing, but that's the only good thing to come about it so far.

The Bad: Brenspeed made my tune for me supposedly. I downloaded all the neccessary SCT things so I could use the e-mailed tune. I loaded the Kooks tune from Brenspeed into the Live Load Tune, replaced the original 93 tune for the new one. It said program complete and I thought that was that. Later today I went to retrieve my car. Immediately I put the new tune on the car by putting the new tune over the other one. (Was this ok). After driving around I noticed immense amount of driving lag. Like full throttle didn't do anything until it hit 4500 rpms where before I had the new tune/headers it had a ton of throttle response. I thought because I didn't reload the stock then put on the new tune that the tune wasn't working properly so I reloaded the stock then put the 93 back on. This didn't seem to change it at all. Now i have no idea what to do. I plan on calling Brenspeed tomorrow and see what the deal is but I wanted to ask ya'll for advice. I was more satsified with the CAI/tune by itself then with the headers and I feel that shouldn't be the case.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Immediate Help!

ORIGINAL: mrsirawesomeness

The Good: Guys today I got my Kooks headers/Hi-flow cats and the H-pipe put onto my car. Let me tell you they sound amazing, but that's the only good thing to come about it so far.

The Bad: Brenspeed made my tune for me supposedly. I downloaded all the neccessary SCT things so I could use the e-mailed tune. I loaded the Kooks tune from Brenspeed into the Live Load Tune, replaced the original 93 tune for the new one. It said program complete and I thought that was that. Later today I went to retrieve my car. Immediately I put the new tune on the car by putting the new tune over the other one. (Was this ok). After driving around I noticed immense amount of driving lag. Like full throttle didn't do anything until it hit 4500 rpms where before I had the new tune/headers it had a ton of throttle response. I thought because I didn't reload the stock then put on the new tune that the tune wasn't working properly so I reloaded the stock then put the 93 back on. This didn't seem to change it at all. Now i have no idea what to do. I plan on calling Brenspeed tomorrow and see what the deal is but I wanted to ask ya'll for advice. I was more satsified with the CAI/tune by itself then with the headers and I feel that shouldn't be the case.
Thats what I would do after venting herefirst of course
Old 07-07-2008, 08:56 PM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Immediate Help!

Probably something wrong with the tune, give them a call tomorrow, I'm sure they'll take care of it.