Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

need help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 09:53 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default need help!

Hey there all, I'm in a strange place, I took my '06 GT in for the fuel pump TSB issue, but the problem persists!
The pump has been replaced twice in two weeks(!), the dealership had the car 4 days this second time and everyone and their momma drove it(supposedly) and no one could find a problem(I have an empty tank to prove they tried-lol). I picked the car up today, headed home and not even 6 miles into my commute home the car starts sputtering, idling bizarrely when I come to a stop and hesitating in a higher gear(stick-shift) when rounding a corner. It detonated at one stop making me wince. Anybody have anything that closely resembles this? Dealership said to return tomorrow and drive one of their mechanics to show them what the car is doing. Could it be the throttle body failing? I had a throttle body go bad in my '05 GT but the check engine light came on then, nothing like that now has happened(yet). Please help!

[/align]
Old 07-18-2008, 12:14 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: need help!

MAF cleaning
Throttle body cleaning

if that does not fix it, then you might
start data logging, to try and catch
whats going on

i hope you are able to find and
correct the problem

Old 07-18-2008, 12:30 AM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

A Paul it does sound like a possible Throttle body. Also when was the last time you changed the fuel filter? If they can try to get them to put in a filght recorder. You'll have a little button to hit when the problem happens and that will record what ever pids they choose.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:05 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys, hey Jeff, how have you been? Long time, no see(haha). Yeah, I've been reading up on the subject and a dirty TB & MAF seem to be the leading culprits. Just so surprised the mechanics at the dealership couldn't pinpoint it, very disappointing. I've been in a V-6 'Stang all week(nice little ride)& I missed my car so much! I do have a lead foot, so a dirty TB doesn't sound very off(lol).

[/align]