Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

This old fueling problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 08:26 AM
ukstang05
1st Gear Member

Default This old fueling problem

I just found this link:

https://mustangforums.com/forumid_233/tt.htm

so its not just us UK owners as well..

I cant get more than 3/4 of a tank in mine. I've tried and tried but to no avail.

I've also tried every "clock" position invented and had a lot fore court attentends give me strange looks

So is this new fuel tank the real fix? i hope not as its a little hard for that to be done with us 4000 miles away.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:27 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: This old fueling problem

Your link is a little jacked, but yes, a new fuel tank is the fix.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:14 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

yea it sucks.

Want to know something even funnier, go find a full service station, and pay them to fill it then drive away laughing.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:52 PM
ukstang05
1st Gear Member

LOL at full service

So i need to get a new tank and export the UK and then get the monkeys at FOrd UK to fit... OH DARN!
Old 05-19-2005, 04:37 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I am having the same problem with my 05 GT Stang. 3/4 comes quick, then the damn click click click and 20 minutes later I got me a full tank. I will run by the local ford dealership here in Germany and tell them to get a fix for it ASAP. It's so damn annoying.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:35 PM
ukstang05
1st Gear Member

I got the fix!

I've driven to EVERY petrol/gas station in my area!

TOTAL (Not sure if they're in Germany though) are the only pumps that allow a full tank!

I wonder what the odds are for Ford shipping a tank to the UK for Ford UK to fit... (very slim i'm sure as the Ford Focus 1.6 liter is considered cool here )

So just remember Euro boys.. TOTAL!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Yeah we have Totals but we can only use out gas rations at ESSO and ARAL Stations. So since I will pay $0.68 (us cents) per litre there I think I will suffer until I can get the tank fixed.

Although this is a Ford. It was purchased in Germany. Good thing Germany has a mandatory warranty of 2 years on anything. So since this Ford was purchased here, Ford HAS TO FIX IT per German Law. We will see how this goes...
Old 05-20-2005, 10:52 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I have the same issue with my 05... It's only been happening recently. I hit 3/4 and then it just doesn't want to fill any more.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

So I finally got around to making it to the Ford Dealership here in Germany. AMAZINGLY, THEY ALREADY KNEW ABOUT THE PROBLEM. They have a new gas tank on the way for me. To bad I won't beable to keep a tank of gas in this thing for more than 3 days. Damn, that means I have like 5 more fill ups before it gets fixed....

But after that, at least I won't have to waste 30 minutes of my day refueling my car.

Oh yea, it stopped doing it at 3/4, and started to do it ALL THE TIME!!! So yeah, 30 minutes and 1 tank of gas, NO THANKS!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 02:39 PM
delurker
3rd Gear Member

I've found that holding the fuel nozzle upside down does the trick. Looks funny (possibly dangerous too), but gets the gas in there.

I think if there were something larger than a garden hose running from the gascap to the tank, it would vent better while filling. That fill hose is *tiny*.

Quick Reply: This old fueling problem