Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Thoughts or reviews of Hooker Blackheart axle backs

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 09:54 AM
hvb68
1st Gear Member

Default Thoughts or reviews of Hooker Blackheart axle backs

I'm looking for an axle back system for my 2012 GT. The exhaust is all stock and I plan on keeping it that way with the exception of the axle backs. I was seriously considering the Roush axle backs but i'm thinking they will be a little too loud at 5:30 in the morning, really don" want the neighbors hating me. The high idle these cars have at cold startup is a deterrent to a loud system. I've also considered the GT500 setup but visually they aren't the nicest and possibly too quiet but i'd have to hear them in person to know for sure. This leads me to the Hooker Blackheart system which I can get for a decent price up here but I can't find any good info or reviews on it. I've found one half decent clip on youtube but its way too hard to gauge just how load they are without any comparables. If anyone is running these I'd love to hear some thoughts on them and especially if you've been able to compare them to some of the other systems out there. If anyone knows if they drone at all would be very helpful. The crappy magnaflow on my truck drones terrible at highway speed in 6th gear, and I don't want another vehicle with the same problem.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:22 AM
ghunt
3rd Gear Member

I don't know anything about the Hooker system (and that might be one not a lot of people have bought), but you can take the high startup idle out with a tune, just FYI. I had Lito do that on my car.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:19 AM
hvb68
1st Gear Member

That's a good point, the high idle on startup is rather annoying anyhow.