Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

re: 16 yr. old kid w/ 05 gt

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 06:16 PM
Spencer069
1st Gear Member

Default RE: re: 16 yr. old kid w/ 05 gt

As for the money, I bet the car you sold for 7700 was also given to you, as it seems you get things you don't earn, I doubt the pattern was somehow different then.
You're parents are free to spend their money how they please, as am I to express my opinion of how foolish it is to give you that car, without any elbow grease of you're own. It will be in the grave long before it's time, I just hope you won't end up there with it.

not earn?

i emptyed my savings for this car, used up any trips/presents for my senior year, and my grades must be kept up in order to drive...i paid for the (minor) wreck in MY OWN MONEY. i wash it weekly and i dont even let girls eat/drink in it, i personally change the oil before the date/mile, and have ALLLLLLLLLWAYS parked in the last spots in the parking lots. I make sure its garage kept and keep it filled up, I dont know how else i could "earn it" i am not what everyone thinks of 16-18 year olds with these cars, im not a spoiled jerk. I understand how you would think that after only 2 months you can wreck your new car, but belive me, i was actually trying to get home to get it in the garage and out of the hail, which my house was 1/4 mile away. the breaks and stearing locked up, i doubt even a pro driver could have countersteered his way out. If i could redo it over again, i guess i could have breaked more coming up to the turn. Anyways, i dont understand why everyone dosent just leave teens alone, i mean does it really bother you guys that much? its not like im trying to put down anyones cars, hell some of my best friends have the Worst looking cars, but each is unique and i enjoy riding in mine or theirs, the car dosent make the person guys, i seriously think some people are jelous because i have the car they have at 17, the way i see it, were all equal and lets use our knowledge to produce some badass looking and performing 05's.
cant we all just get along?[sm=imsorry.gif]
Old 06-09-2005, 06:36 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

One day when you younger drivers look back over your 20 some years of driving and have teenagers about to drive and thank of all the friends or people you have known who have died in an automobile you will see why this is such a hot topic for those of us who have teenagers.If some of you don't like the topic don't post on it 5 times and tell us that you are tired of hearing about it. You got a left mouse button don't click it.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:42 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Spencer... frankly, I don't care about how you got your car at all. Nor, do I care how you drive it or how you take care of it. None of that is my business. I have only one thing to say:

The car I had when I was a teenager would kick your Stang's ***. So there... naah naah... LOL hehe

Old 06-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Richard6669
1st Gear Member

You cant diss someone because their parents had more money than yours at the age of 16. Maybe he is spoiled, but you dont necisarilly know that based on the fact that he had a GT mustang.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:36 PM
MobyDickDog
2nd Gear Member

Richard6669 has it right!! You can't blame/cuss at the kid. It's the parents fault for not having a brain. Hopefully the kid will keep his while he drives the car. Hopefully the kid will not take corners too fast and skid out of control. Hopefully.............
Old 06-09-2005, 10:26 PM
SVT99LEGEND
1st Gear Member

ok, for one it's only a Mustang GT, it's not a super car, who cares what car he has and at what age, I know people who are 19 and drive Ferrari's.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I think the problem we (older guys) all have with teenagers driving fast cars is we all remember our teenage years, and we all remember the attitudes we had back then. We were faster than anyone else, we were invincible, we were KING OF THE ROAD! Now that we're older and wiser, we realize how stupid we were in some of the things we did (I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks of those 100+ mph street races down dark, narrow roads; what if a kid ran out? What if a car pulled out? What if that light turned red?) Anyway, we think that no other kid should have a fast car because we did stupid things and therefore other kids will too. The irony is we are right, but then again so were our parents and we survived anyway Some things will never change, kids want fast cars and older folk think it's too dangerous for those kids to have fast cars. Well we can't shelter them forever, we have to guide them as best we can and hope they keep a cool head. If this young man bought a Honda Civic instead of a Mustang GT, he'd probably have it tricked out with 300+ hp anyway and it would be even more dangerous because it wasn't designed for that kind of power. Car enthusiasts start that way at a young age [8D]

And for the record, my teenage years were spent in a hopped up '72 Grand Prix w/ 455. What a sleeper! I think my crowning glory was when I whipped up on a Chevelle SS 454 with cowl induction. Ahhhh, the stories I've got! Dangerous or not, I wouldn't trade them for anything
Old 06-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Richard6669
1st Gear Member

well said
Old 06-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Spencer069
1st Gear Member

Tres Wright-nice i agree well said
Old 06-10-2005, 03:28 AM
Mister Roper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright
...what if a kid ran out? What if a car pulled out? What if that light turned red?...

...The irony is we are right, but then again so were our parents and we survived anyway...
Tell that to the parents of the kid that ran out in the road or was sitting in the back seat of the car that pulled out. Not everyone beat the odds like you did.

Quick Reply: re: 16 yr. old kid w/ 05 gt