Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Programmers

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 02:05 PM
cstack80

Lightbulb Programmers

I know there are plenty of quality programmers out there. My question, has anyone programmed with Sniper? What I found is it is the only programmer that askes the question, "headers or not". If anyone knows who else carries a programmer that asks the same question.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:56 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

From the looks of it, the main advantage of Sniper tuners is that it is the cheapest way to do your own full blown tuning. I'm sure it's hella cheaper than Diablosport CMR and SCT tuning software/hardware.

I've only seen a handfull of people around here that have Sniper tuners.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:49 PM
cstack80

Originally Posted by cstack80
I know there are plenty of quality programmers out there. My question, has anyone programmed with Sniper? What I found is it is the only programmer that askes the question, "headers or not". If anyone knows who else carries a programmer that asks the same question.
Thanks for the info...so really the Snipe programmer would be for race or tuning with a blower? I see you hae a Bamachips? how do you like the tune? I am having a problem with DTC...P430, left bank, happens every day. I have a Steeda CAI...had JBA long tubes and JBA catted h-pipe installed last summer. Ever since the install have had the DTC. I have a Hypertune...I have done just about everything to eliminate the DTC...new O2 sensors...refashed the computer...dothing is helping. I am starting to wonder if it the Hypertec tune...too lean. Talked with JBA, catts are not covered under warranty...at 450$? real support from them Any ideas?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:57 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I would be getting rid of that Hypertech tuner.

I can almost guarantee that the Hypertech tune is responsible for that trouble code, you need a more custom tune. You can either find a speed shop and have a custom dyno tune written, or you can try a mail order tune from someplace like Bamachips, Brenspeed, VMP, etc. SCT and Diablosport tuners are the two most popular, SCT is probably a little bit more popular but they are both great tuners.

I've never had a problem with my Bamachips tune, it's worked great and was a big improvement over the canned Diablosport tune I was running before.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

+1 on the custom tune. There are too many variables that, unless you REALLY know what your doing, you simply won't get decent performance. Brenspeed, Bama, VMP and others know their way around our Stangs and I doubt you can do better short of a dyno tune at a good shop.

Anyone that's been on this forum knows that you need a tune with your mods or else you'll be throwing CEL's.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I'm in the process of switching from a Diablosport Predator to a SCT Livewire. I got a good deal on one, and my local speed shop (Alternative Auto) only supports SCT programmers.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:42 AM
2L8IWIN
2nd Gear Member

+1. I bought my SCT tuner with the 3 tunes from Brenspeed las year and have been very satisfied.
Old 02-12-2009, 08:27 PM
cstack80

Thanks guys for the information, ordered an custom tune from Bamachips this evening with the SCT tuner. In about 7-1days (time to recieve tuner) i'll use the Hypertex tuner to return to stock and load the Bama tune.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:15 PM
cstack80

Smile Programmer

Wooohooooooooooooo....SCT with BamaChips arrived Monday...no more PO430 DTC...awesome tune. Throttle response with the Race93 tune is outstanding.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:26 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Glad to see a real tuner is working out for you. Sorry to see that you wasted your money on that Hypertech tuner.

Quick Reply: Programmers