Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

isn't it crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:21 AM
xfactor95
1st Gear Member

Default isn't it crazy?

Isn't it crazy that although the USA is going through these "rough" times, and economic hardship, all of us mustang lovers are still putting as much money as possible into our stangs? Gotta love that mod bug.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:50 AM
KcMstang
2nd Gear Member

I'm not putting in as much as I would if we weren't in the economic state we are in now. I'm taking my time buying mods and saving instead of just throwing everything on a credit card. Just like that 0% financing from Brenspeed. Sure I would qualify for that and get the blower I want but I rather just save up a little at a time and purchase with cash!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:55 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

well the only way to fix the economy is to buy, not save
but what do i know? im in alberta ans we are the least affected of anywere i think.. There is ALOT of people hiring and no shortage of work here
Old 02-16-2009, 02:26 PM
1bad65
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
well the only way to fix the economy is to buy, not save
True.

Just like Rush Limbaugh says, "Just because the press says there is a recession does not mean you have to participate in it."
Old 02-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Big Top Gt
3rd Gear Member

A recession is when your friend loses his job.

A depression is when you lose yours.

I can't say this is really affecting me all that much. I've still got a Turbo Cobra being finished up and my Saleen is pretty much where I want it, sans a few small detail issues.

This economy is like hunting in the woods. When you're being chased by a bear, you don't have to out run the bear, just the other guy hunting with you. So, as long as you're doing your job or developing your business better than your competitors, you'll still pull the customers.

It was easier before, since there were more buyers with money that service providers. That's not the case now. The fly by nights are shuttering the windows while the established businesses are weathering the storm.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:27 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

exactly, if anything i almost think its a good thing. HEAR ME OUT!
Intreset rates are at like a 30 year low making it easier to buy home.
all companies atre being forced to compete and offer great deals.
workers are actually working
and people are thinking more towards the future instead of the now

The "recession" will only affect you if you let it. Do your job and do the best job possible. take advantage of some of the "perks" of the situation. and come out ontop. dont sit around and think the sky is gona fall... its not
Old 02-16-2009, 04:45 PM
1bad65
1st Gear Member

Plus, most of the people getting foreclosed on were the idiots who signed ARMs to buy houses well outside their price range.

If you have good credit and a job, now is a great time to buy things.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

At least most of the stuff you buy for these cars is a US made product. Blowing money on a taiwanese or chinese made TV set for example just sends part of that money out of the country.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Big Top Gt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
At least most of the stuff you buy for these cars is a US made product. Blowing money on a taiwanese or chinese made TV set for example just sends part of that money out of the country.
I think that's only partially true.

Remember, if a product is sold here, there's a domestic benefit in the creation of employment, wages paid to employees, etc...

Think about it: GM has spent the last 30 years moving it's manufacturing operations OUT of this country, claiming they can't make any money here. They all but refuse to change the fundamental approach they take to business. 100 year old strategy, if you can even call it that, doesn't work in today's market.

People like to be sold to in a completely different way, today.

In comparison, Toyota has spent the last 30 years moving IN to the country. They're creating thousands of jobs at basically the same wages as GM/Ford, which is how they've kept the UAW out. They were making money hand over fist right up until the last 6-9 months. (Hey, it had to catch up with them sooner or later.)

As we race toward a global economy, the lines between "domestic" and "import" are blurry, at best.

As was mentioned earlier; I think there's huge upside to this market. If you're in the right place at the right time, you can realize a HUGE benefit.

Me? I just dropped off my Saleen to have a Zoom D2 twin disc clutch installed. That same shop is looking to install the boost a spark, eBoost2 boost controller, get the car aligned, and then tuned.

My personal economy is doing okay.

Could it be better? Sure, but that's not what I focus on. Focus on what you have now, not what you MIGHT not have later.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big Top Gt
I think that's only partially true.
Which is why I said that it sends PART of the money out of the country.

It's a gray area in a lot of ways. Even if a car or part were made entirely outside of the country and shipped in - you are still paying the salary of that salesman who lives here.

Quick Reply: isn't it crazy?