Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:11 PM
kolb02
2nd Gear Member

Default What should I do?

Hey guys, should I sell my car and get a GT500 or keep it and get a built motor for my car which is 10k? I already have 37K in the car and I want at least 30k for it. Do you guys think I can get that for it or am I wasting my time? I need to make a decision pretty quick cause there is a shelby for a good deal that I need to jump on. Keep in mind I love to go to the track but I also love to drive on the street. The main reason for going to the shelby is I want more power and they have a built motor where I can add a lot more.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I think you could get 30K for the car considering the low mileage and all of those performance modifications. But you'll have to find the right buyer. Coupled with the fact that right now it's a buyer's market not a seller's and your location (MT) it might take a while to move the car.

Also, if the person buying it needs to get financing in order to do the deal I'm not sure if a bank will loan 30K on the car or not. I may be wrong on this but I've heard banks don't give a crap about modifications and if they do they won't give a person much on them. That could be a factor also making it harder to move your current car.

What would I do? Probably just keep what you have and save up to build the engine for more boost. It might be a lot of hassle to do what you're proposing. That said I can't blame you for wanting a Cobra.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I'd get the GT500.. easier to build big power I would think and if it's the deal I'm thinking of I think it would also be cheaper than getting all the stuff you'd need to build up your GT to the same power.

They are heavier but I'm sure we could figure out all sorts of weight savings... although it will always be heavier because of the bigger block. .. plus.. comon.. GT500 sweetness

ofcourse then you wont be able to hang out with us anymore.. you'll be always in the GT500 section and we are below your class level

Last edited by Mishri; 03-26-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

If he doesn't need to sell the GT before hand it simplifies things. Then he can take his time selling it.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I wonder if he could get more for his car if he parted it out too? I've been wanting some kooks.. ohh and a D/S im sure he could still get 30k for it w/o those mods :P you should buy it from him riptide.. sell yours
Old 03-26-2009, 01:36 PM
kolb02
2nd Gear Member

It's a DR car that was built by brenspeed and is numbered, maybe I can get 30k for it. Buy it Riptide 500rwhp!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

hehe the thought did cross my mind.

I would have to sell my car which would take time. Who knows how long. And I'm only 8 grand away from owning this one. Which would mean I'd be going back into debt on probably a 20-22K loan.

Believe me I'm tempted. Just don't know if I have the patience to bother selling the car private party right now. Not to mention I'd lose money, blah blah blah.. And not own the car for another two years minimum.

I think you can sell it for 30 no prob dude. It'll just take time to find someone that's all. If you really want to do this in a hurry I'd put a forsale sign up in the back, stick it out on craigslist, and maybe think about an autotrader ad. The latter could attract an out of state buyer.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:00 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Given those two choices, I'd get the GT500.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:09 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

I'd say it heavily depends on whether or not you would need to sell your car before you got it. Like said earlier, you would have to find the right buyer and that may take a while (you need to realize that anyone that is in a position to buy your car, has also prob considered buying a GT500).

I've thought about the exact same thing plenty of times, but right now, with our crappy economy, I like not having the burden of a car payment, plus I know I'd prob take a huge hit on selling my car.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSpeed
I like not having the burden of a car payment, plus I know I'd prob take a huge hit on selling my car.
Hehe these are pretty much my sentiments. I hate car payments with a passion. Between the hassle of selling a car I almost own and then having another bigass loan to pay on it starts to be questionable for me. If I had 10 grand in the bank and no car right now I'd be all over Kolb0's badass ride.

Tell you what. You know someone that wants to give me 18,500 for my car right now as is with all the mods then I'll sell it and buy yours.