Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ford Racing Shorty Headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:32 PM
2005GTS197
1st Gear Member

Default Ford Racing Shorty Headers

What kind of horsepower gains from the FR Shorty Headers...worth getting? Thanks.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:45 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005GTS197
What kind of horsepower gains from the FR Shorty Headers...worth getting? Thanks.
I just put on a set of the FRPP shorties and next week I'm suppose to go on the dyno. Based on Booze Bros. Racings experience they may or may not be able to tell me if they think it gave any horsepower gains. I also have a CAI and FRPP axle back stingers. On a side note for mine if it gives me a couple of more horses ok, if not well they look better than cast iron factory and sound better too.If your really after the horses most will tell you to get long tubes and they are probably right but I didn't want to get high flow cats and more $$$ tied up in the exhaust.

Last edited by LegendLives; 04-22-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: BOO-BOO :~)
Old 04-22-2009, 04:41 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

The JBA cat4ward shorty headers look like a much better design and that is the shorty header I went with. They are also CARB certified if you are worried about emissions. I felt a good power increase with these headers and the sound is amazing. I will be taking a run with my accelerometer whenever I get my car fixed up from an accident and I will post before/after runs to show any gains I recieved.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:47 PM
2005GTS197
1st Gear Member

Legend we have the same intake so please reply back after the dyno…

Jahudso2 I am also looking at the JBA’s from brenspeed…
Definitely reply back with your runs to show any gains…
Old 04-22-2009, 07:02 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

you must take before and after dynos to make any comparison. i wonder if anyone has done a shorty comparison w/ dyno numbers.

what is Booze Bros racing? do they have a bar and dyno shop or something.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:36 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
you must take before and after dynos to make any comparison. i wonder if anyone has done a shorty comparison w/ dyno numbers.

I agree the only real way is before and after but I don't have that kind of coin...lol
If you go to their site you can read about them and their racing championships, shop etc... They know Fords and are even modifying Ford dealership stangs, there pretty nice and of coarse expensive. The Dad and boys have been into Fords a long time.

Here is a little info on the one working on my car.

Charlie Booze, Jr .: Charlie is a graduate of Shippensburg University and has been Manager of Booze Brother Racing Performance since it opened in 2000. Charlie is a 4-time World Champion in various drag racing classes, and known for his engine assembling and tuning capabilities
http://www.boozebrothersracing.com/
Old 04-22-2009, 07:39 PM
LegendLives
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005GTS197
Legend we have the same intake so please reply back after the dyno…

Jahudso2 I am also looking at the JBA’s from brenspeed…
Definitely reply back with your runs to show any gains…
I will do that, It wont be the most accurate but might give us an idea any way. I will also pick their brains while I'm there about brands etc..
Old 04-22-2009, 07:45 PM
scoots
2nd Gear Member

According to my dyno sheets at peak I gained 0.5 rwhp and lost 4 rwtq with the bbk shorty headers. I did gain 3 rwhp and 3 rwtq at 5800 rpms though.

I may have another issue though. I changed spark plugs in between dynos to the autolite ht1's. My a/f ratio was richer than my previous dyno, which makes me think that i am not getting as good of a spark and consuming all the fuel during combustion. I never did check the gap on them though. Just assumed they were right. May have to pull one and check it.

Scott
Old 04-22-2009, 09:09 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

LOL!!!

Now there's a good way to get people to come to your shop and spend a lot of money!
Old 04-22-2009, 10:19 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
LOL!!!

Now there's a good way to get people to come to your shop and spend a lot of money!

i know when my friends work on their mustangs there is always some beer around. maybe thats why it always takes so long to finish the job. lol. but i did take a look at that Booze Bros racing link and they have some nice rides there!

Quick Reply: Ford Racing Shorty Headers