Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Kooks LT headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 05:55 PM
Nathan_Troy

Default Kooks LT headers

Hey guys,

Couple questions about Kooks.

1. I'm going to run pypes violaters out back. My question is what H or X pype do you guys have with Kooks LT headers.

2. Can i have off road if I do not have emissions? Should I just get a "with CATS sytem?" I do not want any check engine light before or after the tune.

3. Do I need more than headers, x or h pipe and exhaust?

4. I would love instructions on how you guys installed this system. I am a mechanic in the Air Force so I think I can do the complete install on my own. Please, if you have any input on Kooks header install let me know.

Thanks,
Nate
Old 04-30-2009, 09:19 PM
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member

hey man. ull need to get 02 sensor extensions for the LT's. the H pipe will give u a deeper tone where the X will give u a few extra ponies. youtube can help in ur decision but we all know that does no justice haha. here is a write up someone did on another forum. i can email u the PDF if u like i dont know how to post anything but it is of a kooks install. install is stright foward but a pain. plan on 10 hrs

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...s-install.html
Old 04-30-2009, 09:21 PM
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member

also use tons of penetrating oil. stuff is like a hot knife through butter on rusted parts
Old 04-30-2009, 09:23 PM
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member

found the PDF haha

http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/alb...ks_Install.pdf

this will also make for a good read
http://www.mustangmonthly.com/techar...ers/index.html
Old 05-01-2009, 07:17 AM
08alloy

I installed kooks with the catted x-pipe in approximately 4 hours. I ended up having to contact Brenspeed to have my rear 02 sensors shut off. Brenspeed informed me that there is a 50% chance that the highflow cats would set the engine light off.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Nathan_Troy

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by MadMike1337
Cool dude,

Thanks for the informartion I will be using that when it comes time then.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Nathan_Troy

Default Here we go.

Originally Posted by 08alloy
I installed kooks with the catted x-pipe in approximately 4 hours. I ended up having to contact Brenspeed to have my rear 02 sensors shut off. Brenspeed informed me that there is a 50% chance that the highflow cats would set the engine light off.
What catted x-pipe did you get? Sounds like you got a good fit on everything. Did you buy a tuner from brenspeed? I could just go to a local tune shop right?

Last but not least, are you happy with the sound and power?

Thanks,
Nate
Old 05-01-2009, 01:12 PM
zkiller
4th Gear Member

You need to use Kooks x-pipe of H-pipe. If you buy their kit it come with the O2 extensions so you dont need to get those seperately.
The kit is all you need. You can go off-road if they dont have emissions testing. Check your state laws.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:09 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadMike1337

Could you repost the pdf link? It's broken with "..." in it.

I thought I had that pdf but I can't seem to find it and I'll be installing Kooks soon.

I did find the original forum post that this pdf was made from though. But I'd rather have a pdf since it's more portable.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Nathan_Troy

Originally Posted by zkiller
You need to use Kooks x-pipe of H-pipe. If you buy their kit it come with the O2 extensions so you dont need to get those seperately.
The kit is all you need. You can go off-road if they dont have emissions testing. Check your state laws.
Is that all I would need then? I have the pypes violater axle back mufflers. Would it be better to just get BBK? They are way cheaper right? Any info?

Quick Reply: Kooks LT headers