Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Climate Control System

Old 07-08-2005, 10:36 AM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

Default Climate Control System

Ok, I have a few questions about the climate control system. I notice the noise that sounds like a loud PSSTT sound every 10 or so seconds that everyone else hears, so I assume that is a normal operation.

When I have the fan on and the AC button is not depressed, I can still hear that PSSTT sound. I thought it only came happened when the AC came on. Does the fan bring in air from the outside or does it use the AC system?

Also, no matter what setting I have the air position on (feet, dash/feet, etc) air always blows out of the windshield vent a little bit. It’s like there is a problem with the ducting or something.

When it’s humid out, I get a lot of fog or hazing on the outside of the windshield at the very base of it in the middle. Does anyone else get this?
Old 07-08-2005, 11:13 AM
ChewbaccaD
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Climate Control System

sounds like you may have some bad duct work there... you may want to get that looked at.
Old 07-08-2005, 07:45 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

I had a 01 Explorer that did the same thing as far as the noise goes, so I assume it's normal and nothing to worry about.

I too get the air coming out of the defrost vents but I figure I'm just going to live with it because I don't want some guy going in and dismantling my dash and climate control system just because a little air is coming out where it shouldn't.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:05 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SpazHairlip

Ok, I have a few questions about the climate control system. I notice the noise that sounds like a loud PSSTT sound every 10 or so seconds that everyone else hears, so I assume that is a normal operation.

When I have the fan on and the AC button is not depressed, I can still hear that PSSTT sound. I thought it only came happened when the AC came on. Does the fan bring in air from the outside or does it use the AC system?

Also, no matter what setting I have the air position on (feet, dash/feet, etc) air always blows out of the windshield vent a little bit. It’s like there is a problem with the ducting or something.

When it’s humid out, I get a lot of fog or hazing on the outside of the windshield at the very base of it in the middle. Does anyone else get this?

It is normal for the AC motor to engage when the fan is on mine also does it. There is also a service bulletin out on air coming out of the defrost vent when it should be just on your feet.I took mine in for this problem and Ford said there is not a fix for it yet I was told by mid summer there would be a fix.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:10 AM
jay750092001

like said in post earlyer, it may be some duct problems, one other thing you may want to check on your AC is the low end pressure hose *the one on the bottom of the ac unit itself,* ford has this lil thing about putting in crappy low end hoses, and if your hose has a pinhole in it it will screw up your whole climate control system and make that noise, i say go to wally world and get a freon injection kit and just blow some freon into the low end hose and see if its leaking
Old 07-10-2005, 03:46 AM
WindveilTan05

I have experienced fogging both inside/outside windows, particularly the windshield. I've started rolling my windows down while parking in my garage to air out the car figuring new materials and plastics were causing some of the fogging inside the car. It seems to have helped.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:46 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

I call my dealer for the defrost problem from time to time when they have a fix for it I will post it.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:08 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jay750092001

i say go to wally world and get a freon injection kit and just blow some freon into the low end hose and see if its leaking
Ok, 2005 Mustang I paid over 26k for, I don't think I'll be going to wally world and squirting anything into anywhere, thats what the warranty is for.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:10 AM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

I call my dealer for the defrost problem from time to time when they have a fix for it I will post it.
That will be cool thanks.