Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting Tired of the Intake Induction Tube...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:22 PM
10GTSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Look just outboard and down just a tick of your brake booster, the tube enters the fire wall ther, it pops out real easy, just plug it with a blank grommit or tape over it.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:26 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

If someone could post a pic with an arrow or something on it, it would be nice. I've looked by the brake pedals and there are like 4 different locations that could either be unplugged, plugged, or similar.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:53 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

I can't distinguish the sound from the induction tube from the sound of the exhaust. Maybe if I disconnected the tube for a while I could get an idea.

I love the sound of the car, regardless where it's originating.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:15 AM
Adam
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VRFlip
I can't distinguish the sound from the induction tube from the sound of the exhaust. Maybe if I disconnected the tube for a while I could get an idea.
Same here. Don't know what people are complaining about.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:30 AM
SMiller
2nd Gear Member

DiscoDave you have a V6, there is only a induction tube on the GT's...

AJ 68 while I agree with you, there are some GT's that really make some noise through the tube and some that are pretty quiet, I drove a track pack mustang and it was pretty loud in the car, I also drove a 3.73 package Mustang and it was to quiet, doen't seem to be a rhyme or reason. Some of these guys might have a loud tube. If I had headers and full exhaust I am sure I wouldn't like it either, stock I think it is great though.

Last edited by SMiller; 10-11-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:54 AM
VRFlip
2nd Gear Member

I've read that the tube is stuffed with some insulation. Maybe the difference in sound you heard had something to so with how the insulation filled the tube.

I've drove 3 different 2010s, and didn't notice any to be louder or quieter than the others.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:45 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SMiller
DiscoDave you have a V6, there is only a induction tube on the GT's...

AJ 68 while I agree with you, there are some GT's that really make some noise through the tube and some that are pretty quiet, I drove a track pack mustang and it was pretty loud in the car, I also drove a 3.73 package Mustang and it was to quiet, doen't seem to be a rhyme or reason. Some of these guys might have a loud tube. If I had headers and full exhaust I am sure I wouldn't like it either, stock I think it is great though.
Curses! Foiled again!
Old 10-11-2009, 10:46 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

The 2010 V6's are suppose to have the plug where the tube would attach to the firewall. Some SC kits supply it.

I drove a few GT's and none sounded different.

I don't mind it, I can't even hear it over the exhaust. Just think it is a pretty silly.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:47 PM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
If someone could post a pic with an arrow or something on it, it would be nice. I've looked by the brake pedals and there are like 4 different locations that could either be unplugged, plugged, or similar.

I'll take a picture of the area and post it. Then someone can point out which hole we're referring to in this thread.

I looked too, and I can't distinguish which/what hole it is.

In any case, I'm just curious -- the sound inside the car is quite nice for my particular vehicle. (And as others have posted, my favorite sounds are the crisp, cold engine start up notes.)
Old 10-12-2009, 05:45 AM
xspsi
1st Gear Member

Not sure if this helps, but it's a good reference...

Quick Reply: Getting Tired of the Intake Induction Tube...