Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Interior question????

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 06:32 PM
z_curtis

Default Interior question????

i am upgrading the interior of my 05 GT and installing the "MyColor" dash and i was wondering if i could also install the 08 center console with the lights lights and if i could would i be able to make it work.. as in is it compatible with the "mycolor" option ?
Old 07-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Don't think they are connected. At least when I drove an '09 for a while I don't remember them bring related/connected, they are separate
Old 07-25-2010, 06:43 PM
z_curtis

yeahh thanks i just found a website that had it all laid out. they arent connected at all its a seperate system and u can get a new console with lighting package for 90
Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by z_curtis
yeahh thanks i just found a website that had it all laid out. they arent connected at all its a seperate system and u can get a new console with lighting package for 90
Link? I've been curious about doing this in my '05 but not sure how it would work out
Old 07-25-2010, 06:48 PM
z_curtis

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

they are also where im getting the new dash with the mycolor option. the only place ive been able to find either one
Old 07-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

they are also where im getting the new dash with the mycolor option. the only place ive been able to find either one
Oh nice. Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 06:51 PM
z_curtis

no problem. from what i can see they are both jsut a straight up swap with easy installation you just have to get ford to flash your computer for the upgraded information center but the center console is a 30-45 min job
Old 07-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

no problem. from what i can see they are both jsut a straight up swap with easy installation you just have to get ford to flash your computer for the upgraded information center but the center console is a 30-45 min job
Yeah the console isn't hard to remove and I can't imagine it being complicated to install the lights. The cluster on the other hand, well I'd let Ford install & set that up
Old 07-25-2010, 06:58 PM
z_curtis

no way man haha the cluster comes out in 10 minutes i took mine out last night its really easy you jsut pop the dash off and its four screws and a plug and it goes back in in two seconds once u knwo how to do it here is the like with step by step.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...-color-477717/
Old 07-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

no way man haha the cluster comes out in 10 minutes i took mine out last night its really easy you jsut pop the dash off and its four screws and a plug and it goes back in in two seconds once u knwo how to do it here is the like with step by step.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...-color-477717/
Hmmm I'll have to check it out sometime. Never tried to take it apart, just seems like one of those things that I wouldn't want to screw up.

Quick Reply: Interior question????